Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewKing
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Infinity 2 IP Profile dropped?

Hi,

Back in Jan 2014 I moved house just around the corner & took my connection with me.

At time of instalation, my IP profile was 79Mb down and 19Mb up. When running tests on speedtest.net and the BT wholesale speed checker, they registered of ~ 75Mb down and 19Mb up.

This remained the case until around 3 weeks ago, where my speeds & IP profile have fallen to ~ 64Mb down and 14Mb up. Nothing has changed with my hardware in the house and the modem (white openreach) is plugged into the same extention lead for power as a digital clock, which resets itself on power outage, so I know there hasn't been a power cut to cause some DLM to maybe kick in. Also, the speed estimator for my line on bt.com, shows I should get speeds of 77Mb - 80Mb down (I know this is a pinch of salt kind of thing but still).

I'd very much appreciate if a mod could perhaps help & get in touch to maybe take a look and see what's going on. Given that I live ~ 20 meters from my cabinet and my speeds remained consistant for 16 months, I find it wierd this would suddently happen now.

Many thanks,

Andrew

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 63.92 Mbps

0 Mbps65.74 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 63.92 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-65.74 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 65.74 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 14.15 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 14.15Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Infinity 2 IP Profile dropped?

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/
0 Ratings
AndrewKing
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

The wholsale speed test with further diagnostics are included in my original post, the test was done about 5 minutes before I posted.

Below is the results from the dslchecker.

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

which hub are you using
0 Ratings
AndrewKing
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Openreach ECI Type 1B with a Netgear R7000.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

as you are using a modem all the stats are normally in the modem unless the netgear has any stats you can post

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AndrewKing
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

The Netgear only has its uptime to the modem which isn't particularly useful. I only have a cordless phone which I use about twice a year, it sounded quiet, I guess?

Isn't there some way to see if some dodgy DLM is happening? Seems bizzar that this has happened after 16 months of stability.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Your modem could have reset due to noises your line - you don't need a power cut to cause a reset. The DLM would only normally take action if your connection is dropping of there are a large number of errors

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AndrewKing
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

So how do I go about getting something done about it?

Can a mod get my line or help arrange an engineer to come out and do it?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

If your line remains stable with no resets then the DLM should automatically adjust your connection

You can always phone CS and see if you can get engineer but if no fault found you may get charged callout fee £129.99

0 Ratings