Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 11 of 18

Re: Infinity 2 = Infinity 1 speed after upgrade

Go to solution
No worries buddy, anytime 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Hi - posted this eleswhere but repeating here as your pronblem is exactly mine:

Hi - currently in a similar situation to the original post.

Had Infinity Option 1 39/1.7 typical. Upgraded 17 April to Option 2 for unlimited download AND promised (on my contract) 61.5/20 max.

No speed increase at all a month later (I check daily).

10 calls, 20 emails to a variety of BT help desks plus 2 engineer visits and now a dedicated case handler - no change.

Here's what I know/what the engineer implied, if it helps:

It can appear 'on paper' that a BT Wholesale request to BT Openreach to upgrade 1 to 2 has been completed, while in fact nothing has changed. An engineer will come and verify that everything is as it should be (because according tothe paperwork it is) However the speed has not increased. My understanding is that this is becoming a known problem (ie not just me).

I would imagine that only those of us who monitor speeds and know what we should be getting for our money would notice.

My advice - if you have a similar problem, make a respectful assertive fuss. 08003289393 seems to be most helpful. I'll post here if and when I get a solution/resolution to the issue.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

I was supposed to have been upgraded to Infinity 2 today; not yet, although my account page shows completed for some reason?

Obviously there's still over 4 hours to go until midnight, but I'd doubt anything will happen this evening which is what prompted a search on here for upgrade problems; and this thread showed up but unfortunately with a resolution post still pending, which is a shame.

I'll post my own thread on this if there's no upgrade by tomorrow evening.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

@JustThinking wrote:
My understanding is that this is becoming a known problem (ie not just me)

Its only a "known problem" to the customers who are now finding out the limits of their line fall short of the predictions of an automated system.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Is that a fact Deathtrap3K?

BT gave an excellent approximation of my Infinity 1 speed!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

If it's of any consolation, I'm having similar problems too. (see my thread "speed suboptimal")

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

I am reporting the same issue after getting Infinity option 1 to option 2 upgrade , but seeing only 48/8 rather than 60/20 ,

I have been told there is a 10 day stablisation period , but cannot find anywhere on the forum to confirm this will happen , Why are BT able to offer such an accurate Option 1 speed approximation , yet so far out on Option 2 .

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

The speed estimations are always based on what the line should be able to support given best conditions, not what package you take. For example, if the checker predicts 60, then you will max out infinty option 1, but wont max out option 2.

0 Ratings