cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity 2 Installation

Advice please. I recently signed up to Infinity 2 I did this by Live Chat and was told an engineer would visit on two separate occasions for which I have the transcripts.

I previously had a BT phone line and ADSL ISP (not BT). The Smart Hub was delivered.

I have lived in the same property for 20+ years and the BT master socket was here before I was. It is located near the front door. My PC and location of existing router is about 6m away and is connected by a basic home extension kit. I was told as part of the process an engineer would visit and would install a new master socket near the PC location. No engineer turned up!

I have connected the Smart Hub to the existing home extension and get reasonable speeds around 70Mbps up and 19down. The guaranteed minimum was 71Mbps in the BT confirmation.

My question is shall I just continue like I am or push for the promised visit (there was no cost as I was told part of the Infinity 2 package). Will I benefit from a new master socket closer to the Smart Hub?Should a engineer have visited?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity 2 Installation

If you are getting those speeds I would leave it as it is no need for an engineer visit
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

You'll never see the difference.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
CAA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Ok thanks.

So there is no or only a marginal difference in having the hub directly connected to the master socket?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Only one way to find out 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings