Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theDreamer
Contributor
Message 31 of 35

Re: Infinity 2 Installed but a complete headache

Go to solution

DeanM, i'm still none the wiser with this problem, have you had any updates recently from the Triage team. You promised you would get more information on wednesday 03 July but i have not heard from you since 01 July been checking my email everyday for any updates.

To be honest i'm becoming bit tire-some with BT with annoyance as this has been ongoing since day of installation 12 June and to put salt on an open wound, I'm being iinsulted by expecting to pay for this service aswell!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
theDreamer
Contributor
Message 32 of 35

Go to solution

Nearly 4 weeks of time waste and still no resolution. I also don't think mod's have the resources on here nor time to solve each and every customers fault or chase it with the correct BT dept.

Anyhow I rang BT yesterday to cancel my BB Infinity 2 product from my plan and revert back to just phone + calling plan. I've decided to go with Virginmedia cable BB. I am being told by BT cancellation team that i should give more time and i can not cancel until technical dept state that fault can not be repaired as i'm bound by 18 month contract. Trying to pass thorough BT's thick head that, the service has never worked properly as intended and i have no interest calling BT to find out whats happening as they don't give a monkey. Every month they are getting their payment regardless if service is working or not. I keeping hearing from them you will be reinbursed in full with compensation, You can not compensate for the time and stress caused.

My problem soley lies with BT wholesale/Retail and NOT Openreach network as yesterday at 8pm-9pm infinity worked fine for an hour all the webpage, url addresses were responding as they should and were opening within 2sec. Tracert bbc all prefect no request timeout; But after 9.15pm back to square one, Pages did not resolve/timeout same old problem what i've described in my previous post. This is clearly a translating,routing problem due ISP equipment. BT tech guys have no knowledge regardless if they 1st or 2nd line support they just follow scripts, can not apply simple network knowldge.

Tech team always ask if connection is ok? my reply yeah it was fine since you lot made it worse!! 12 June install date sync 54.4mb IP profile: 50.2mb, after wasteful lift and shift on 24 June sync 45.5mb IP profile: 43.2mb. My connection was solid always avg 47mb, now it yo-yo between 21mb - 41mb and line was free from any noise but it isn't the same eversince 24th June. I have faint transmission on my telephone line when speaking to someone on the phone. I know my gain on my line had been increased about 2 years ago from the exchange and eversince then never had a problem. I guess by doing lift and shift my telephone line port connection must have been moved to where the gain is at default. From the modem stats that seems the case on 12th june download stream transmit power was 35dbm and after 24th june download stream transmit power 32dbm. I've been banging on about it from dayone to the tech team that the equipment and connection is fine, its ISP routing problem. But they don't listen, think they know best.

Just need to wait until some tech guy tells me its not fixable before i can go ahead cancel. When that will be its anyone's guess!

theDreamer
Contributor
Message 33 of 35

Go to solution

update:

Finally after 5 weeks of mayhem my infinity 2 has been fixed and problem was the with the BT Retail/wholesale equipment like i said from the very start which no one was listening. Downside is i have to live with 45mb down/6.2mb up whereas before i was on a good 54mb/7mb. I'm just glad after so many hours on phone the problem is fixed. I did ask the tier 2 team in newcastle to reset my ip profile and DLM let it retrain itself after so many times i was told to reset openreach modem but they refused for now, told me to wait 10 days and call back if speed doesn't improve they're given me a 0800 number with a 4 digit pin to contact them directly. Anyway just glad its over. I've been told i will be compensated on my next Bill.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 35

Go to solution

@theDreamer wrote:

update:

Finally after 5 weeks of mayhem my infinity 2 has been fixed 

What was the fix?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
theDreamer
Contributor
Message 35 of 35

Go to solution

I was told a hardware was replaced at the exchange, i assume this could be a intelligent switch of some sort and also Pool of IP addresses were conflicting with BT infinity users. The worse thing is, the problem was known to BT from the start as i was not the only person with this problem.

0 Ratings