Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Infinity 2 Less Than 15Mbs

Go to solution

Hi, for about the last 3 weeks my infinity speed has dropped from around 40Mbs to less than 15Mbs. This is at all times of the day. I called tech support 2 weeks ago and they said the line was noisey and they would boost the signal but I've seen no improvments.

The last time this happened there was water ingress into the box out on the street, please can someone look into this for me.

regards, Chris.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity 2 Less Than 15Mbs

Go to solution
Can you post the connection stats from the hub?

Are you connected to the master socket, or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Can you dial 17070 to run the quiet line test, to check for noise on the line.

There is no way to "boost" the signal, you've been fobbed off.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
chris990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

thanks for the reply, yes I suspected I was being fobbed off at the time, as for the stats I don't use a BT HH5 as I have a Draytek router so I believe the stats are:

DS Actual Rate : 34998000 bps                     US Actual Rate : 5222000 bps
DS Attainable Rate : 35184572 bps               US Attainable Rate : 5248340 bps

NE Current Attenuation : 21 dB                      Cur SNR Margin : 7 dB
DS actual PSD : 0.-7 dB                                 US actual PSD : 0.-6 dB

Far Current Attenuation : 28 dB                      Far SNR Margin : 6 dB

I still have my HH5 if the above is not useful.

The router is plugged into the master socket.

There is a distinct hissing / static sound on the quiet line test, which was why I was wondering if the problem was similar to last time, we've had a lot of heavy rain lately.

regards, Chris.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
If you have a noisy line then you need to report a line fault to 151. Don't mention broadband.
chris990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, a check with a different phone and by a second person and the line doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as I first thought. If no one has any other suggestions though I will try the 151 number tomorrow and follow your suggestion.

regards, Chris

0 Ratings