cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 71

Re: Infinity 2 P2P Issues

I phoned up the other day to recontract but first made the mistake of asking the indian tech support if I was being throttled when using p2p. My contract expires in november [infinity 2 unlimited ], could a mod pm me or point me in the right direction to recontract and therefore lose the p2p throttling?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 42 of 71

I've recently upgraded to a HomeHub 4 for £35 as part of the existing customers offer, however it now appears that my p2p is being restricted again (i ran the glasnost test)

When i recontracted to get BT sport, 50gb cloud, and unrestricted p2p the restriction was removed but now it appears to be restricted again, can the Mods look into this for me please as when you call indian tech support they havent got a clue and think i am complaining about internet speeds which are all normal apart from p2p.

I have unlimited infinity 2 by the way.

I have now emailed the mods with my problem, so hopefully they should be aware of it now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 71

I have replied and said i am happy for a recontract to one of the MODS and i am still not happy with the service i am receiving. Have had someone from india ring me getting me to run a speedtest and tried to explain MY NORMAL BROADBAND SPEED IS FINE IT IS JUST P2P TRAFFIC. HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT A TOTALLY UNLIMITED PACKAGE NO USE WHATSOVER. 

PLEASE MODS HELP !

IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - Comptia A+ Certified, MTA Qualified and MTSC qualified
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 44 of 71

Oh boy, what are the chances that I will run into this issue if I was to re contract too?
Is it ok for me to say that BT suck in so many ways or would an admin deem my comment to be against the toc, don't let the company's true image come out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 71

Agreed with the above post in so many ways ! 

IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - Comptia A+ Certified, MTA Qualified and MTSC qualified
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 71

MODS haven't replied, so have called BT and have the new contract starting on 28/05, £1 cheaper as well  with BT sport added !

I will wait to see if this lifts the restriction..

If you call BT don't even bother attempting to talk to the teams in India it will just drive you insane...I work in comms and have to talk to them every day, my team and all other providers have monthly meetings to discuss how each operator provides support as per of Ofcom regs..unfortunately BT are always bottom of the list. 

My advise call 0800 800 150 and press *0 every time you hear an IVR message, you will eventually go to a UK call centre...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 47 of 71

@pricew1970 wrote:
MODS haven't replied,

It takes 3 Working Days at least to hear back from the mods, and that's assuming you filled in the Web Form.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 71

I did, but couldnt be bothered to wait..so did something about it myself...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 49 of 71

Are you now on a "Totally Unlimited" product?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 71

Will be from 28/05....

0 Ratings