Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbbl23
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Infinity 2- Significant difference between obtainable speeds and IP Profile

Hello,

After talking to a friend about broadband speeds, I decided to check what speeds I was getting compared to what I should be getting.

These are my results from the speed tests I've performed:

speed1.png

speed2.png

These seem consistent with my Speedtest.net results and the 5.2MB/s speed I get while downloading from services like Steam. These speeds have not changed much in the past few months.

While these speeds are by no means slow, some research turning up posts like this makes me question if I should be getting even higher speeds than what I am now, or if this is the limit of my line?

Other information:

These tests were performed with a desktop connected to the HH3 via ethernet.

The HH3 and OpenReach modem have not been powered off in the past few weeks.

I was one of the Infinity 1 users who upgraded to Infinity 2. I saw a small increase in speed from (~37Mb down and ~7Mb up) to what I have now. This seems strange as the predictions for the speed checker were spot on for Infinity 1, but was quite far of for Infinity 2, where it thinks I should be getting 55.8Mb down and 15.7Mb.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Infinity 2- Significant difference between obtainable speeds and IP Profile

H Cbb123,

Welcome to the forum. The speeds you will achieve, still very much depend on the quality of the line from the cabinet your house. I can take a look at your connection to see if I can find out why it is slower then the 55.8Mb down and 15.7Mb estimate you were given when you signed up to the service.

Please could you send me in your details using the link found in the "About Me" section of my profile?

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings