cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Infinity 2 Speed Issues

Ive just received my Infinty 2 yesterday after waiting almost 4 weeks. I checked the BT Availabilty Checker which advised me I should get between 72-80mbps. Before I signed up online I spoke to a BT Customer Rep who said I should get atleast 70mbps...ATLEAST. I also got that in writing. Ive been checking my speed using BT speedchecker and speedtest.net since yesterday 1pm and both return speeds of max between 3-4.5mbps DL and 5-12mbps UL using ethernet. I was wondering if this normal within the first few days of having Infinity and if it doesnt improve what i should do? 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Infinity 2 Speed Issues

Check your modem stats on the router first

http://192.168.1.254/
troubleshooting
helpdesk (login)

and then you are looking at the line stats to see what you are getting your end. Will show actual and max values. You would expect to see your 72-80 (000) in download (2nd col)

Like this - sorry took a while as my own router decided I didn`t know the admin password and had to be rebooted to let me in.  The Max speed is data rate in combination with the noise margin should tell you/others here what is going down.  3.5 is clearly pants and isn`t even good for an impacted line

5. DSL uptime:0 days, 00:00:42
6. Data rate:17790 / 61850
7. Maximum data rate:17791 / 61820
8. Noise margin:5.9 / 6.5
9. Line attenuation:20.0 / 16.6
10. Signal attenuation:19.9 / 16.6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Was the 80/72 connection speed the 'A' value or did it take into account the 'B' impacted estimate?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

BT STATS.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Ive posted a pic, hope that helps as i dont have a clue what your saying...sorry 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Good'ish stats. you should get 40+ at least not 3 toi 5

Shouldn`t of paid for Infinity 2 unless you need the upload really
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Your stats don't show anywhere near the speeds you quoted in your initial post as only 47mb Can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test. 

btspeedtester

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

BT INFINITY 2 DSL.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

I was told atleast 70, and the guy on the other end GUARANTEED that i would