cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Infinity 2 Speed has dropped from 70+ down to 10 if I am lucky!

Go to solution

I have had infinity 2 installed for about three months and all was working fine. However in the last two weeks, virtually every evening, the open reach modem, would drop the synch and take anything up to an hour to re-synch. Originally thinking it was BT doing maintenance somewhere I put up with it. After a few days, I realised that something else was up and ran some speed tests and found that at that stage the line speed was 11mb up and 1mb down!. After another day or two of this and trying to find a number to call to register a fault (not that easy to find). I finally managed to get through to someone somewhere, who after following the script (despite me telling him that both the HUB and modem had been reset no end of times and it was a speed issue) agreed that there was a problem somewhere and placed a fault call. Great I thought, BT will sort it.  How wrong I was ! Its now been 5 days and (three working days) and I am now getting even slower speeds!

Before any one asks I have been to the BT speed tester site and tried to run the ADSL FTTC tests, all to no avail. Every time I have run the test it fails with an error saying the system is busy!

So question is there anywhere I can get this raised to another level and get some serious investigation work done !

I forgot to mention I was phoned after two days by some BT call centre to inform me "its been fixed", only for me run a test and say " nope it has not!" .

Frustrated and annoyed and beginning to regret coming back to BT!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Infinity 2 Speed has dropped from 70+ down to 10 if I am lucky!

Go to solution

Try the mods at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951.  But be aware they take 3 working days to reply: sometimes more if busy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for that info, I have sent them an email, All I can do now is wait. I have still not been called back by an engineer or anyone on the help desk.  So at the moment , I am going to look at getting a refund for lack of service! I am not that impressed at paying for Infinity 2 and getting basic broad band speeds! Today's speed check is at 7.7MB download and 600k upload!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

you can find out your ip profile here http://windows.mouselike.org/be/?DoAction=BrasChecker

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for that info, I ran it and the results are as follows:-

The Service ID is: BBEU06911875
This is a 21CN line.
The current Downstream BRAS rate is: 7.84 Mbps
The current Upstream BRAS rate is: 20 Mbps

Data For: ************
Exchange: WOKING (THWK)
BT Recorded Line Length to Exchange (m): 2857
BE LLU: Activated
Real Error: Migration code required for this number

I do not understand the "real error" section as I migrated from Pipex / Talk talk etc when I had Infinity 2 installed!

Speedtest.net gave the following results

Ping 35ms

Download 7.67Mbps

upload 0.59Mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
that just an isp error for bethere as your not with them
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
can you try resetting the hub only not the modem?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I have reset the hub by itself. The modem by itself and both at the same time. All with no improvement. In fact if I reset the modem, it can take up to an hour depending on its "mood" to re-synch.

Today I received a phone call from "BT" saying "we are glad to report your boradband is back up and ruinning"! At which point I almost but not quite went in to screaming mode. I explained for the umpteenth time, that it has always been working, but not at "Infinity 2 " speeds.

I know have an engineer coming to "invetigate" between 1pm and 6pm on Monday 10th september!

So lets see what happens then. One thing I am going to do is seek compensation or a reduction in my bill for 3 weeks of not having "Infinity 2" or even "Infinity" speeds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

BT OpenReach engineer phoned me at 8:45am this morning can he come round to investigate as he was in the area!. 40 minutes later after he redid the connection in the main phone point in the house and spoke to some one, all fixed. Now running at 74.86Mbps down and 14.65MBps up!

Lovely jubbly!

0 Ratings