cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UncleM1ch4el
Contributor
Message 1 of 425

Infinity 2: Speeds drop heavy in evenings?

Go to solution

Hi I get around 50-51 nearly all the time but the last 4 evenings from around 7.30ish until sometime around midnight im gettings speeds drop down to under 10 latest test result come back at 7357kbps. Upload seems stable.

What could be making my speeds good all day but so bad in the evenings? Is this some sort of traffic management?

Recently moved over to HH5 could it be that which is causing the problem?

Dont know if this means anything but in the hubs event logs I notice alot of Remote administration could that be the cause?

Somebody plz help

Regards,

Michael

0 Ratings
424 REPLIES 424
Locky
Expert
Message 2 of 425

Re: Infinity 2: Speeds drop heavy in evenings?

Go to solution

Getting the same problem here, my speed is that bad pages are timming out. My contract is up soon or might be already, so I'm out, BT are dear now anyway.

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 425

Go to solution

YEP ....started happening here to ...burton on trent ....less than 10 meg in the evenings ...friday sat sun even less ...after 12am its fine again. I should note its doing yet AGAIN !! same problem last year that was supposedly fixed. Ive gone and reset all my stuff now ...screwed up my sync speed for nothing.

0 Ratings
UncleM1ch4el
Contributor
Message 4 of 425

Go to solution

Im from the swadlincote, church Gresley area so this problem could be local to our area possibly, it really is a problem has I like to use netflix, amazon instant, and now tv for my evening viewing and the streaming quality is usually perfect but for example netflix looks like a washed out dvd at these evening speeds instead of the normal super HD. Strangely though my BT internet channels on Youview seem to be working and looking great in HD despite these terrible speeds?

0 Ratings
UncleM1ch4el
Contributor
Message 5 of 425

Go to solution

Quick update its 11.30pm and my speeds are back to normal very strange same every night this week, so hopefully saturday night will be different.

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 425

Go to solution

Mine came back at 11.45pm ....a little unsteady but there back ....will be totally stable again by 12am

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 425

Go to solution

Had this problem before ....looks like its back ...around the same time i think as well lol. I wouldnt count on saturday or sunday ...at least not me anyway, usually **bleep** from 12pm to 12am sat and sun ...for a few weeks now.

0 Ratings
Rottie
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 425

Go to solution

I'm having exactly the same problem as reported by others, IE peak-time slow downs. 😞

What this says to me is there is congestion on BT's network, or should I say the network supplying BT, IE Openreach, as other ISPs are seeing the exact same issue (EG Plusnet).

As others have said, the speeds generally pick up around 11:30-12:00, and seeing as the weekend is classed as peak time all day, it will be interesting to see whether these issues persist throughout the weekend.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 425

Go to solution
Openreach's network is the local loop from your home to the exchange. I seriously doubt there is any congestion there.

The backhaul is where the congestion is and this is BT Wholesale's.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 425

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. Can you run the speed test, including further diagnostics, and post the results and we’ll take a look for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings