Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Topham
Contributor
Message 1 of 75

Infinity 2 and still at 38 Meg

Hello,

I have automatically been upgraded to Infinity 2 but stull getting 38mb. The engineer that done my installation said that i street cabinet is 25 meters away and it ready for 80mb for when the upgrade is done. Can this be looked into please?

I will fill in a form for the forum reps.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Ratings
74 REPLIES 74
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 75

Re: Infinity 2 and still at 38 Meg

I had a similar problem, and was told by BT to turn off my modem and HH3. Then switch back on the modem until the 3 lights (Power, DSL & LAN1) are on, and then power back on HH3, until all 3 lights are showing green.

This worked, and I got the higher speeds.

BUT I am no expert, and I have been told that powering off the modem can be seen as unstable, which reduces the line speed.

Bottom line is that it worked for me!

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 75

Sorry.  HH3 lights show BLUE, not GREEN!!

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Topham
Contributor
Message 4 of 75

Ive been on the phone to customer services. They say because i had option 2 before the 76mb max speed (40mb at the time) im stuck at 40. Surely thats not fair??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 75

and wrong
i was upgraded for free but i had to agree a new contract
0 Ratings
Topham
Contributor
Message 6 of 75

Can the mods please take a look at this?

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 75

@Topham wrote:

Can the mods please take a look at this?

If you send us your details via our contact form we'll check this out for you. The link to the form can be found in my profile under "about me".

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 75

Topham: As mentioned above by RichRolls, have you disconnected/reconnected (or rebooted) the router? It may already have an Infinity2 level sync that hasn't get through to the profile; a router reboot will establish a new ppoe session and update the profile.

Also, a single reset or power cycle of the modem might help. Do NOT do this repeatedly.

Topham
Contributor
Message 9 of 75

Email reference: xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Yes i had power cycled both modem and router. Done it before i rang customer services.

Regards,

Mat

0 Ratings
Topham
Contributor
Message 10 of 75

Any news/update?

0 Ratings