cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 75

Re: Infinity 2 and still at 38 Meg

If it says you are on infinity 2 on their network then you need to get them to look in to it as you are not on infinity 2.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 22 of 75

I've checked your line and it looks like this is the max speed it can support Topham. Enter your telephone number to the number checker on www.bt.com/infinity and you'll be able to see for yourself - 38.1Mb. Looks like everything is running fine as far as I can see.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 23 of 75

@Topham wrote:

Yes i phoned them and they said i cant get 76mb as my line dont support it. I think that is aload of bull tbh.

sounds like you need to get hold of a modem that will give you your line stats so you can see the truth

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 75

@DeanM wrote:

I've checked your line and it looks like this is the max speed it can support Topham. Enter your telephone number to the number checker on www.bt.com/infinity and you'll be able to see for yourself - 38.1Mb. Looks like everything is running fine as far as I can see.

An ip profile of 10mbps on the upload means he is not on infinity 2 and not on the package he is paying for regardless of what his line supports.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 25 of 75

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

@DeanM wrote:

An ip profile of 10mbps on the upload means he is not on infinity 2 and not on the package he is paying for regardless of what his line supports.

I'll reply to your email shortly Topham, I think I've found what's wrong. Whether it actually makes any difference to your overall speed remains to be seen though! Fingers crossed 😉

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 26 of 75

sjtp, you cannot post things like that on this forum, as it breaches t&c's which states you cannot discuss about void bt products, which includes unlocking your modem
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 75

@astar27 wrote:
sjtp, you cannot post things like that on this forum, as it breaches t&c's which states you cannot discuss about void bt products, which includes unlocking your modem

Theres been a lot of discussion on unlocking the openreach modem. Nowhere does it say its prohibited. So how can it break bt's t&c's?

0 Ratings
Topham
Contributor
Message 28 of 75

Hello Dean,

I didi try upgrading manually, i rang the sales team and they said they can upgrade me to the 76/20 as my line does not support it. I asked if i can be switched regardless and they said that they cant as there is no option to change it as my line does not support it. My Street cab is approx ~100meters away even if my line only supports 38 i think i can still a tad more out of it even if i dont get the full 76. Sales team wouldnt upgrade me. 

Thats when i posted:

Yes i phoned them and they said i cant get 76mb as my line dont support it. I think that is aload of bull tbh.

Working for a Leading European IT services company i know regardless of what my line support i know that Lines arent stuck at certain speed unless its capped by someone :P. I know im just not  on copper, as i would get my max speed of 38 otherwise.

I would still like to have 76/20 IP profile as i know im assigned the package im paying for regardless if i dont get an upgrade at all.

Werent sure if i could reply to your email.

0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 29 of 75

Deathtrap 6.3f) Discussions that veer off topic, are unrelated to resolving the issue at hand, are repetitive or campaigning, that promote products or services from other providers, or abuse any company or product; from the Community's terms of use.
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 75

@astar27 wrote:
Deathtrap 6.3f) Discussions that veer off topic, are unrelated to resolving the issue at hand, are repetitive or campaigning, that promote products or services from other providers, or abuse any company or product; from the Community's terms of use.

In what way does it break that rule?? Are you saying that discussing how to see your line speeds veers off topic?

0 Ratings