cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Infinity 2 and taking out a new contract to stay with BT

Apologies if this has been typed into the wrong section.

I've been with BT quite a few years now on the Infinity 2 package and always ring the options team each year to see what they can offer.

Late 2015 I was given £19 a month for Infinity 2, then it went up to £22.35 a month a few months later with the BT price rises. Just rang before my contract ends 24th December, otherwise it goes up to £32.50 and they now want £28.50 a month for taking out another year contract, or £24.50 a month for a 2 year contract. Both higher than I currently pay.

Has anyone else noticed the same, BT now want more from existing customers 😞  To drop down to Infinity 1, even that is £22 a month for a new year contract, which makes Infinity 2 far better to stay with it.

Just wondering why they are now trying to force people into a 2 year contract rather than a one and still charging more in the process - ouch. Is this the norm when you ring up to give BT your custom yet again?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Infinity 2 and taking out a new contract to stay with BT

Nobody is forcing anything. Anyoneone in the same situation would take advantage of offers by other ISP's for new customers. You may find you get a call back with a better deal. Be prepared to move if you don't.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Have you said "no" to their offer yet?

When I phoned to renew, I wasn't going to accept a higher price and a two year contract.  Eventually, they gave up and knocked a few more pounds off.

If your contract is up, you have the option of taking your business elsewhere.  Don't just accept whatever they choose to offer you.

0 Ratings
Craig_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Hi Ectophile, was this recently?

My contract runs out 24th December. It actually should have run out 15th November which is shown on the receipt from BT that they sent me last year as the starting date, but I found out earlier this year that someone at BT messed up (what a surprise there lol) and didn't start my new year off until 24th December. My line rental I pay up front for a year, that is paid up until Feb 19th 2017.

They insist that they sent me an e-mail with all the new details, but no they didn't. I've another 11 days to look around anyway, but the likes of Sky, Plusnet etc are all fairly similar price wise.

BT actually only offered the 1 year higher price or Infinity 1 price when I insisted I didn't want a 2 year contract, so yes, they were trying to force a 2 year contract first of all. They also tried the 2 year contract routine when I rang September as you can recontract after 9 months rather than wait a full year.

If the price was lower 2 year wouldn't be so bad, so I'll wait and see what happens 🙂

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 9

I'm sure all my BT contracts are up for renewal sometime next week is it worth me phoning them to see if they will offer me another deal to stay with them. The now I'm getting just over £7 a month discount for my Infinity 2 and my BT TV entertainment Max package is £12.50 a month instead of £16 a month.

Also if I do phone what's the best number to call them on.

Darren

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Call the Options Team on 0800.800.030 and haggle for a deal.

If you don't renew your contract all your discounts will stop and you will end up paying the full amount.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

If you don't phone, all your discounts will end, and you will pay the full price for every service you have.  It's your choice to put up with that while you decide what to do, renew the contract, or leave.

The best number is 0800 800 030 for customer options.  If you're not sure what option to select, then cancellations works fine!  It's a UK call centre, so not 24 hours.  You need to be within one month of your contracts expiring to be in a position to haggle.

Make sure you know what you want before you call.  Make sure they are offering everything you need (and not missing things out which will cost you later), but also be careful of expensive upgrades you don't need.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 8 of 9

Thanks guys for the info. I'm sure I'm only within one week or so of all my contracts expiring.

May give them a phone sometime tomorrow and see what happens. I have been 97% happy with the service I been getting from BT and hope they will offer me simmer discounts to what I have been on.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 9 of 9

n theys happyPhoned BT this evening and got offered the entertenment max package for £12 was paying £12.50 before for same package. Also got offered Infinity 2 for £26.50 a month insted of 32.50 a month that offer is up at lest 20p from the discount i was on. Only thing is im now own due to start and 18 month contract and it used to be 12 months. Im still to get the full BT Sports pack for free as well as AMC.

Guy asked if I was happy with the BT service and I told him that im only 97% happy with the BT service as my wi-fi once in a while seems slow or seems to drop. He said he would pass it on to tech team and get them to do a line boost and if I had problems witin the next 10 days to give BT help a call. My internet did go off for a min about 45 mins after coming of phone to BT.

Dont know what a line boots will do but will see for last time I had a minor BT problem a line boost never did much and a Openreach guy ended up coming out to house to test my Home Hub 3 and while Openreach modem and they replaced the while Openreach modem.

Darren

0 Ratings