Infinity 2 - capability check

Hi, Can those in the know please check my stats:

From DSL Checker:

dslcheck.jpg

From Home Hub 5 stats:

hh5stats.jpg

From BT Wholesale test:

btws.jpg

If pic doesnt show: Download achieved: 29.75mb, Acceptable range 60 mbps - 30.25 mbps

IP profile is 30.25

Upload achieved 10.33 mbps, IP profile is 20 mbps 

Home Hub is connected directly to the master socket.

Install carried out on the 28th by a contracter.

I chatted to BT help on the BT chat today, they carried out a few test and logged a phone and broadband fault.  What should I in theory be getting ?

Regards,

Steve.

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 36

Re: Infinity 2 - capability check

Good evening SteveFTTC and welcome to the forum......

Looks like a duff install (contractor). As you have only had the install for 2 days, you are currently in the 10 day training period. You should be getting 69.5 to 80 on the download and 19 to 20 on the upload. The moderators have been informed of your problem and will hopefully post an invite on here.......Smiley Wink

Once the moderators have your details, then it can take a few days for them to reply, however it certainly looks as though you need an Openreach engineer to visit.......Smiley Sad

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 36

Problem with Contractors is they aren't given hand held testers so can't carry out any kind of pair quality test.

All they can do is run a basic voice line test via an automated line test system but this just does a basic test for voice services and doesn't highlight any potential issues that may affect broadband......
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 36

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt replies.  The install seemed a bit rushed, couldn't wait to get out.  I did question the speeds at the time, they said it was because my line was underground?

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 36

Hi SteveFTTC,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.  If you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 36

Hi,  Engineer called 9ish this morning Smiley Surprised, replaced main socket Man Happy

hh5stats2.jpg

Will post back stats when DLM has finished.

Cheers,

Steve.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 36

Excellent news.......Smiley Very Happy

Going by those figures, dlm hasn't even looked at your connection, as on Infinity 2, you couldn't get any faster.....Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your connection.....Smiley Wink

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 36

Lot of faulty ssfp's being fitted at the moment. Nothing wrong with the way they are being fitted, just not tested properly. Or they may be failing after the engineers have fitted them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 36

Hi, Maybe spoke too soon, didnt do a speed test, have now and it is still 30m d/load. If dlm wont kick in do i need to get back on to bt?

Cheers

Steve.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 36

Can you repost the hub stats ?

Can you post up the speedchecker results ?

0 Ratings