Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nshezz
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Infinity 2 capped at 40mb?

Hello all.

I'm new to the forum and not new to telecoms, been an independent contractor for 5 years although not with BT lets make that clear, I know I had to explain to customers face to face about poor speeds and bluffed and such just because i was getting pressure from above to install new lines and leave, any ex or current engineer on here will know you might have one inside job and then 5 or 6 outside jobs guess if your face fits and get results.

So I'm a brand new customer to BT, from the 17th of this month.

Ordered BT Infinity 2 and only receive 35MB down and 10 up. And while this is great speed it's not what I'm paying for! And after going around the magical merry-go-round of life with BT over the phone i get well that's what your line supports so there is nothing we can do... As there is not a fault on your line COUGH...

Come to installation day and purposely ask the engineer what the cabinet speed was 80 down 20 up, and yes this did **bleep** up his ears. I live 30 seconds walk from my cabinet. This leads me to conclude a few things, I'm capped at 100% on 40/10 line or the open reach engineer hasn't tested the correct pairs to see for a stable connection.

Don't really look forward to paying Infinity 2 prices at Infinity 1 speeds... and i even got the supposed technical help guy to admit that my line only supported 30MB speeds even before the admission he said i would not have been sold Infinity 2 if it wasn't available.

Going Insane is an understatement.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity 2 capped at 40mb?

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

can you enter the stats from your hub  troubleshooting/helpdesk 1-12

did you check your package is correct on MYBT?

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Nshezz
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

FTTC Range A (Clean)30.221.27.15--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)23.3961.3--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 8--6.5 to 14Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 8Up to 16.5 to 14Available
ADSL MaxUp to 6--5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand33030--Available
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Downgrade to Infinity 1. Your line can't support speeds higher than 40meg so it's a waste of money. You should have never been sold it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Also, just because you're close to the cabinet doesn't mean your line is that distance. It's obviously not looking at your estimated line speed. Your house must be connected the long way round I'm afraid.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

I agree downgrade to infinity 1 - phone the options team who are uk based 0800800030

did you request infinity 2 as against being advised by BT sales you should get infinity 2 as your line could support the faster speeds?

post your router stats to confirm max attainable speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Downgrade you will never get a higher speed then you have

What the engineer told you is in effect correct every cabinet is 80/20 enabled but not every line can support those speeds due to  line length 

0 Ratings