cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Infinity 2 customers paying more for same speed as infinity 1

Now that Infinity 1 customers are getting a free speed upgrade to infinity 2 speeds isn't it unfair to charge us more for the same speed?

I'm pretty annoyed with BT and if I could work out a way to leave or drop my contract to infinity 1 I'd do so in a second now.

They charge me £58 for infinity 2, line and youview TV without sport and refused me free upgrades to newer hubs than the ECI modem and hub 4 I received on first joining when I have recontracted.  Then I hear others get a new hub when taking a new contract out and now I am being charged for infinity 2 when everyone who can get a speed increase will get it free.

Yes I have just noticed the free cloud upgrade from the 50gb it was showing to 1000gb now but since I don't use it because you can't just use it as plain cloud storage I couldn't care less about it.  Seemingly there are also extra AV licenses but as I don't use the BT supplied av again it is of no use to me.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity 2 customers paying more for same speed as infinity 1

I feel exactly the same and will be leaving BT when my contract is up.extra cloud storage lol I don’t know one person who uses it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Likewise I am livid This is a great way BT to loose loyal customers.

When I contacted BT Cusomer Services all they could do is put me onto someone to downgrade my package to Inifity1 for the same speeds

No one is going to use BTs 1Tb space.

They should at least make an anouncement that Infinity2 customers will get a free upgrade to G.fast when available in your area and give an idea as to when that will be. When I contacted BT Customer Service they did not even know what G.Fast was.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I'd like to know what was happening as well. Pointless paying Infinity 2 prices as things stand.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Same here. I'm paying for Infinity 2, whilst someone down the road pays for Infinity 1 and gets the same speed as me. I'm out of contract in January and I will definitely be away from BT and I will fight tooth and nail to get a rebate on my account from the time that these increases kicked in to when I leave.

Absolutely applalling business model by BT.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I’ve been waiting 3 days for a reply from them to explain exactly why we are paying extra for infinity 2.Its not as if we are jealous that infinity 1 customers get extra speeds for free,fair play to them id be delighted.But to do this to infinity 2 customers and expect us to be ok with paying extra for fresh air is unbelievable,surely someone at management level would have thought about this????
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I appreciate not a technical/service issue but is it something the 'Mods' could raise the profile of within BT? I agree, what sort of business model is designed to make people want to leave. At least some communication about longer term intentions would help.

0 Ratings