cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Infinity 2 - from 75Mbs to 3Mbs... REALLY?

Go to solution

Okay I'll cut straight to it - I've been with BT Infinity 2 for over a year and I've been getting a constant 75Mbs/19Mbs U/D until the past two months when it's just gradually began to slow an absolute crawl.  I've done all the hardware checks, power cycling and rebooting to no success.  I'm using a HH3 ATM but also tried different routers with exactly the same results.

I've decided to do all the speedchecks/dianogsitcs as mentioned on some of links here on this forum with some very unsual results.  I'm using a HH3 via a gigabit ethernet cable and no other devices connected for the purposes of these tests:

1. Broadband availability checker:

BT Broadband Availability Checker.png

As you see, I can get the fastest possible speed for my current location.

2. BT Broadband Speed Test Results:

BT Broadband Speed Test.png

Now this is strange as it doesn't show the speed from the exchange to my home.  Whats going on here?

3. BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

BT Wholesale Speed Test.png

4. BT Wholesale Dianogstics Test :

BT Wholesale Dianogstics.png

It looks like the line has been 'capped' at about 3Mbs and my IP Profile is set to 2.99Mbs????

Now with all that info, is there ANYTHING anyone on here can do to help?  Thank you.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity 2 - from 75Mbs to 3Mbs... REALLY?

Go to solution

Hi

The most likely reason your speed has dropped is because of a noise  issue this has caused the DLM to reduce your IP profile to stabilise the line all you need to do is leave the connection alone for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again it should start to rise again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply john46 but this has been going on for the past 2 months!  And I know about the DLM monitoring but to have it reduce my profile to 2.99 Mbs on a fibre boardband?  That is unacceptable, and as I do a lot of video work where I have too upload several dozen GBs of files to clients and with an upload speed of 0.7Mbs this is rubbing salt into the wound.

However, what I dont understand are the test results - I'm comparing the screenshots to others on this forum, especially the BT wholesale dianogstics results - why does it say my MAXIMUM achievable speed is 2.99Mbs?  Surely it should be about 70-75Mbs as stated in the FTTC results in the availablity checker!  Something bizarre is going on and I don't think it's just a 'noise' issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The reason the Maximum speed is shown as 2.99Mbps is because your line has been capped to that by DLM to try and maintain a connection. There is obviously a fault somewhere and you need to contact BT and have them send out an engineer to investigate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Using the online support chat, the fault was located on the exchange side. Didn't find out what exactly but was told it would be fixed in 48 hours and now it's back to normal, I have my 75Mbs/19Mbs and so far it's stable. Also got a friendly call from BT to double check that the broadband was normal. Hopefully no more surprises! Thank you.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

My as dropped from 40mb earlier today to 6mb, this same issue I had in March shambles...

0 Ratings