cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenner40
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Infinity 2 get slower and slower during the day - evening is hopeless

Hope some can help. I've have had infinity 2 installed for about 6 weeks. I'm close to the cabinet and should be getting around 60-65mb download speed as estimated by BT.

My HH5 restarts alot, more that I would expect - sometimes few times a day, and have aready had a replacement sent to me due to this fault. Over the last week the speed has become unusable for anything other than basic browsing in the evening and weekends. In the morning BT speed tests are showing around 50mb download  (which is still not ideal) but as the day goes on the speed drops and drops. Pings are also showing much higher results. Below is a test a ran about an hour ago (18:00 Sunday)

1800 Sun 27th April.JPG

A test i did last night had similar results with a ping of over 300. Also when I then try to do the Diagnostic Test

it won't run and says its not available at this time. An ideas what this might be? Pulling my hair out that i'm tied into 18 months of this  - was getting a fantasic solid 18mb ADSL service before I switched to fibre.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
glenner40
Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Re: Infinity 2 get slower and slower during the day - evening is hopeless

My Home Hub 5 Stats

HH5 Stats.JPG

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 18

You're getting 65Mb download so top of the BT estimate.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

What exchange are you on? It looks like you are suffering from congestion at peak times.

glenner40
Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Lydbrook Exchange
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

There do not appear to be any other complaints about the Lydbrook Exchange but now that you have posted others may update this thread if they are having the same problem.

Meanwhile the moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

glenner40
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Thank you
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 18

Hi glenner40,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your Infinity speed. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
glenner40
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Now had a 2nd BT engineer Visit to look at this issue - was a complete waste of time. Engineer was not aware he had to visit exchange and instead just retested line in house, which had already been done in 1st engineers visit.

Confirmed what we already know that the line is fine and syncing at a good 70mb speed. Not once did he do an actual wholesale download test which is what I tried to explain was the problem. Showed him loads of screen grabs of speed tests and verbally told him speed test done 45mins before his arrival was only showing 16mb download.

Left and said he would take a quick look at exchange on his way to next job but all he could do was look as not qualified to do anything else!!

I am now getting VERY angry at the time this is taking to get resolved - going on for 3 weeks and if anything speeds are getting worse now in the day time.

See below speed test taken at 17:40 today

0 Ratings
glenner40
Contributor
Message 10 of 18

HH5 6th May.JPG

0 Ratings