Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Infinity 2 just not performing

Good Afternoon

What is the 'I've phoned India and get told everything is working fine conversation 3 times now with no result' NEXT step please

I have been upgraded to Infinity 2 back in April and told 70 mb plus etc, but I never acheived even half of that and I now have 20mb, wired at a push, less than 10 wireless and we have 3 machines trying to use it, plus the sky box and the xbox, so it's not adequate compared to what I'm paying

I had hoped India would help, but they don't have the right script...

Guidance is appreciated

thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity 2 just not performing

First thing is to post your IP profile.  Either http://speedtester.bt.com/ and choose the ‘ADSL and Fibre diagnostics’ option
or Tom’s BRAS checker http://windows.mouselike.org/be/?DoAction=BrasChecker which isn’t a speedtest but gives profile.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 7

Do you know your speed estimates?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I can do an online test this evening and post the results, thanks

What do you mean by the speed estimates.  They gave me 71.1MB at install on my email confirming install etc?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I got 73.1MB on day 2 and it has dropped slowly over 7 weeks to 50MB
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi Again, is this what you need to see?  run, wired

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 29.01 Mbps

0 Mbps0 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 29.01 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 12 Mbps-0 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 32.91 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 11.84 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 11.84Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 7

Yes, that is the profile information needed.  That shows that there is probably something on the broadband connection itself that is causing the problem, not a local problem such as broken HomeHub.  Unfortunately, BT officially considers 29 perfectly acceptable even if they estimated 71.

Your best bet is probably to contact the mods at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951.  But be aware they take 3 working days to reply: sometimes more if busy.  

One possible reason is aluminium on your route to cabinet.  You may just be unlucky in that case and never get it fixed.  Another is something like a bad joint on the line, the mods should be able to get an engineer out to sort that.  One is a bad modem, the mods should be able to sort that too.

You might want to double check your internal wiring.  Mine was initially wired leaving an old GPO extension from a junction box before the master socket.  I queried it with the installer and he said it didn't matter, but it gave problems similar to yours (dropped to 12Mbps and even just under 4Mbps for a short time).  In the end I just disconnected the extension (didn't need it any more anyway), and DLM slowly wound me back up to over 70Mbps.

0 Ratings