I can see the green box across the road but the cable comes round the back of the house so the copper distance might be 150 yards. I'm not far from the centre of Edinburgh. Download speed is between 63 and 67 Mbs, and upload 18-19 and has been like that for months. However, I do recall one Sunday morning it was 72Mbs. The wholesale checker says I should get 80-76 with handback threshold at 66.
I am very satisfied with the service although Netflix has started to buffer a bit so today I used the online checker which then asked me to reboot the hub. I still use the Openreach modem with successively HH3, 4 and now 5 bought elsewhere. So after the reboot, the checker said there was a fault outside the home, probably at the exchange (about 800 yards away) which would be fixed on Monday by 1700.
I wasn't quite sure if there was nothing wrong, I was much reassured by the consistency of speeds over several months and now wondering if things will now get worse. Hare running or problem finally revealed? I'll know on Monday, perhaps.
Surely I have to disconnect the modem and work directly through the HH5? There is a risk of numbers of reboots, no?
I've now removed the modem - so direct connection to HH5A.
Connection stats - from Advanced tab
Where do I see the more detailed stuff?
I knew it was a mistake. This morning my IP profile is downto 59.7 so my download speed is not 57.48 compared to 65 ish yesterday. Upload is now 15.89 instead of 18ish. And the engineer isn't due to do anything until tomorrow.
Wish I'd never asked!
Text from BT - Issue is fixed. So now I connect at 71Mbs and download at 54 - instead of 65 yesterday. I suppose I have to give it three days to return to normal. Fairly sure I should not have got into this.
Whatever is causing your Netflix to buffer isn't due to your sync speed. Netflix only requires 25M for UHD. What results do you get from the speedtester further results? http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
@licquorice thanks - yes, I suspect the Netflix problem is more to do with the recent Youview update (not on BT boxes yet, I suspect). But thinking about that caused me to look at speeds and noticed that my speeds have been very consistent for months at a shade below handback level. I was quite happy but intrigued/greedy (and getting it in the neck from my partner). So I ran the check and it was the BT system which said there was a problem. Yesterday my ping was 23 (and had been for months) and is now 31 - going to 40 at times. The BT speedtest figures - as below - are quite respectable but way below my consistent figures of the past so I assume I have to wait for it to recover. The hub data rates are much higher.
I know I have been awarded "Expert" status but I'm not!
I'm still puzzled that last Thursday my max data rate was 69,790 and my data rate was 69,564 with the OKLA speed test giving a dowload speed of 65Mbs - whereas today, max data is 71,765, data rate 61,791 and OKLA showing 58Mbs.
I suppose I'm waiting for my data rate to rise close to the max and then that would bring up my OKLA rate to some thing like it was last week. Nothing has changed in 24 hours - the "repair" happened Sat night/Sun morning - by about 6am. Ping is now around 41mS - 23mS last week.
Happy to wait - to get back to where I was last week before BT said there was a fault.