cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity 2 ordered 15/08, still no broadband, every week told to "wait one more week"

- I have ordered Infinity 2 on 15 August 2016

- First engineer visit on 12 September to install/test master socket. Phone working, but no broadband.

- Second engineer visit on 15 September to find out that the phone line is working, but broadband is not (not really useful)

- Regular calls to BT with the promise to be called back (which never happened). Advised that I should receive an update one week later, on the 22nd (today).

- I called in today and been advised that I should receive an update on the 29th, a week from today.

This is just pathetic. 6 weeks from ordering I may get broadband, but most likely I will be told to wait another week. There is been no apology, no goodwill, just the statement to "please wait one more week". BT is not offering any information, and despite promises to call me with updates, I always have to call in and wait in the queue. Meanwhile, I have been paying line rental and TV, of course.

Can a moderator please look into this? This is absolutey shocking customer service.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity 2 ordered 15/08, still no broadband, every week told to "wait one more week"

Can you post back the results of this checker editing out your phone number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only line which will mean you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.
0 Ratings
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Infinity 2 ordered 15/08, still no broadband, every week told to "wait one more week"

Untitled.png

It also says "This line is on a Market B Exchange."

0 Ratings
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Nothing...?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

it looks like a lack of Openreach engineers availability due to a high number o faults in your area is the reason for your delay as re[pairs take priority over new service activations
0 Ratings