Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 53

Re: Infinity 2 slow after line fault fixed

Go to solution
Mod? Am I stuck at 52mbps now or can you send an openreach engineer to the cab to finish the job?
Thanks I'm advance
Ben
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 53

Go to solution

Do you know how bad threads like these look to your potential customers? and how they make your smaller and more agile competitors grin with satisfaction? get a grip!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 53

Go to solution
can you post the results of this checker please edit out your phone number http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput and if you are using a HH5 can you also post the first 12 lines of the help desk page in the hub manager
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 53

Go to solution

Hi John

thanks-

(speeds are up a bit as of today, so looks the cap is lifting, good news)

I believe the DLM eases up in stages...?

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3689547137

High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 79.4 60 20 19.6 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 70.5 43.8 20 13.8 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 9 -- 7.5 to 10 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 9 Up to 1 7.5 to 10 Available
ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- 31-Oct-14
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

hh5 helpdesk:

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068343+NQ41806023
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated 30/07/14
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 13:48:09
6. Data rate: 16999 / 67000
7. Maximum data rate: 25159 / 79616
8. Noise margin: 17.3 / 9.4
9. Line attenuation: 0.0 / 17.1
10. Signal attenuation: 0.0 / 17.1
11. Data sent/received: 779.5 MB / 76.7 MB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 53

Go to solution

@mar01006765 wrote:

Do you know how bad threads like these look to your potential customers? and how they make your smaller and more agile competitors grin with satisfaction? get a grip!

There's the attitude again! That will always win people over.

I see that DLM is doing its job and is slowly increasing the speed in line with what you have been told will happen. You just need to wait.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 53

Go to solution

BT were inept to not reset the DLM whilst at the cab and now they're fobbing me off with lies on the phone and ignoring my re-opened case online and this forum.  the statement you quoted is fair and true IMHO and was directed at BT not you / anyone here.  this forum is full of posts from deeply unsatisfied customers.  i am only telling bt what they already (should) know. you think it's bad attitude I think bt provide poor CS which is the cause of my bad attitude in this case. I am a nice person, honest! Smiley Happy

ok the speed may get back to normal in time but that doesn't change any of the above.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 53

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts. The moderators usually only become involved if there is a problem that can not be answered or solved by the forum members.

It appears to me that you have been given the correct answer to your problem as is evidenced by DLM slowly raising your speed.  If you feel that the engineer did not do the job correctly then you need to complain to BT through their complaints system as per this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10789/~/how-do-i-contact-bt-to-make-a-complaint%3F

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 53

Go to solution

As of today, I am in a much better position as the speed has begun to increase. and i can hopefully sit back and chill.

As per my earlier posts, I had been told by BTIndia that my line was permanently capped at 52Mbps.

This forum is not just bt cust - bt cust as the public / media and anyone at bt can view / reply.

If you were bt (cust relations dept or whatever), would you not come on here sometimes to get a feel for what's going on at the rock face?

my post was not aimed at any fellow customer that would be 100% pointless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 53

Go to solution

I have no doubt that BT do have a look at this forum and are well aware that their Customer Service Dept. leaves a lot to be desired but it is easier to ignore the problem than try and fix it.

Hopefully your speeds will continue to increase over the next week or so but as I already said, if they don't then BT can possibly arrange an engineer to reset your line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 53

Go to solution

@mar01006765 wrote:

my post was not aimed at any fellow customer that would be 100% pointless.

Sorry but try reading your first few posts again - your attitude left a lot to be desired. I gave you the answer but it was not the one you wanted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings