Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 53

Re: Infinity 2 slow after line fault fixed

Go to solution

i don't mean to go round in circles, but my genuine question is, how would i make bt get an engineer out if the speed is in the acceptable range?  hopefully the speed does go fully back up, but just hypothetically speaking? how would i get them to do anything / admit anything needed doing? "sir, your speed is in the acceptable range, sir" will sound familiar to a lot of readers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 53

Go to solution

whats this you're ganging up now?

i was talking about the post gg quoted.

your attitude also left a lot to be desired, and i did apologise for my antics! that was 4 or 5 pages ago, and 2 days.  you know how to carry a grudge, if you take all this so personally maybe it's time for a break?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 53

Go to solution

No point in answering hypothetical questions. If they don't go back up post back and we'll then be dealing with reality and can answer that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 53

Go to solution

is that not something you've come accross before?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 53

Go to solution

As you have discovered CS just keep repeating if your connection speed is within the original estimate then they are not interested. If you kept at them then you probably would succeed in getting an engineer visit but if there was no oroblem found and he did reset your profile like you want you will get the callout bill for £129.99 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 53

Go to solution

they wouldnt see a penny of that 129 from me 🙂

ok thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 53

Go to solution
your speeds are well within the Wholesale spec of 43 &79 mb that is why you cannot get an engineer out I can see your speed is increasing so hopefully it will improve further

as to the engineers call out charge if it is not paid if charged is
1 service suspended /cancelled

the cost passed to debt collectors
the charge made is made by Openreach to BT and it is the same with all other ISP's
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 53

Go to solution

Thanks John.

A previous ISP tried to pass the 129 charge to me before for a no-show, it didn't stick.

BT once tried to charge my old dear 129 after telling her the doorbell wire was her faulty phone line.  BT are a joke and I would see them in court over any charge resulting from this fault ref.

To re-cap:

I logged a fault with BT for a faulty phone line and BB disconnecting / slow. They said the fault was in the cab and would send engineer to same. There will be a recording of the Indian telling me the fault causes slow speed.

The engineer came to the cab and left a card telling me fault resolved.

I do a speedcheck. Fault not fully resolved (still slow, lower than quoted minimum of 60)

I try to tell India, they lie (also recorded) if BT sned an engineer to complete the job the first engineer should have done, that is not my fault.

But yes as we can both agree things are looking a lot better at least the settling in period final cap was not so.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 53

Go to solution

The £129 charge is only hypothetical because you are going to wait and not need an engineer.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 53

Go to solution

yes. have a solution on me - told you i was a nice person 🙂

that is if it gets back to 76. what the hell. 🙂 i'm sure it will.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings