cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KhaosTheory
Beginner
Message 31 of 56

Re: Infinity 2 slow down on webpages just happened

I've been on infinity for 3 months now and this is the first time it has happened to me personally.although it did start to happen at midnight which I suppose I should be in bed now really so better than it happening in the middle of the day
0 Ratings
simountain2
Message 32 of 56

I was with Be for 5 years and yes there were outages and dodgy DNS but neverlots of loss of service, perhaps I jumped ship too soon for the lure of more speed

0 Ratings
lmosley
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 56

@simountain2 wrote:

Getting a good 4 meg connection tethered to the PC here 🙂 no latency at all, glad for the back up.

Only been on Infinity for 7 days, does this happen often or is it a one off?

Been on infinity for over a year now. 1st DNS issue (What it looks like the issue is) or major outage issue I have come across.

However this outage is not just a infinity issue it also seems to be affecting ADSL (Total Broadband) customers too. 😉

0 Ratings
simountain2
Message 34 of 56

It is DNS i can randomly connect to Skype but very very slow

0 Ratings
ADZ2991
Beginner
Message 35 of 56

Hi guys, just got infinity installed today and it's been awesome all day. 37 down 8 up on the 40/10 service is pretty good coming from 4 meg adsl. Thank god this is a known national issue, thought I was gonna have to phone BT in the morning. Resorted to using the trusty o2 3G connection...again (been without proper Internet for a week)
Music is life
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 56

This is getting really bad now,it`s like using a couple of tin cans with string between them,we did that when we were kids 65 years back.But this is 2012,it`s wierd.

:)I have got tell you guys what my wife just said,she asked me if I could still use morse code,I said why,she said,you might need it.LOL.:)

0 Ratings
Saibhy
Contributor
Message 37 of 56

BT is responsible for this! my mobile internet is working fine!

0 Ratings
Mana
Contributor
Message 38 of 56

Phew. I thought it was just me but it seems to be a national issue. Definitely something to do with Dns servers as I can connclec to Skype, use putty and irc etc. just can't surf any websites. I'm guessing g it will be fixed by the morning. I guess this is bt's way of telling us to go to bed. At least o2 3G network is unaffected. Using iPhone to post this. It's funny how u feel like a u r on. Desert island without the Internet. Don't think I would barely use my of without it!!
0 Ratings
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 56

Same issue here. Was pulling an all nighter to finish and submit an Open University EMA, but as usual Infinity let me down... Trying to tether my 3G phone because apparently my 3g connection on my phone is far more reliable than my landline :-!
0 Ratings
Mana
Contributor
Message 40 of 56

**bleep** iPhOne autocorrect owns me heh
0 Ratings