75Mbps during the day today.

8.73Mbps again this evening..........

aaa.jpg

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 12 of 18

Re: Infinity 2 slow speeds in evening

Hi @PC_Plum,

Thanks for posting. I've noted your post at this thread as well and the symptoms you're describing do look similar. I can help with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
PC_Plum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Hi David,

I've completed the form from clicking the 'contact moderators' link and have now got an enquiry reference number.

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Ratings
PC_Plum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

So, 23 days and counting since since reporting my fault to BT.

Had another call from an Indian chap in the 'complaints team'. He asked if I still had my problem as the Openreach engineers report shows no fault found.

I told him the tests were carried out off-peak and the problem as stll there. He said they would arrange another engineers visit.

I told him the tests need to be carried out in the evening at peak times, not during the day.

After much discussion he said he would escalate this to the 'Level 2' team and I would recieve a call back within 24-48hrs.

Do BT Wholesale look at the results that get uploaded from their performance test website????

Results from test carried out AFTER BT openreach engineer visit.

Capture.JPG

Can any of the moderators feedback when you are likely to get to my enquiry form I completed.

I'm banking on you being the only way this may get resolved or at least confirm what the problem is as I feel I am making zero progress going through the current channels.

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

if you completed the email then you are in a queue of other customers waiting for mod help all of whom consider their problem a priority hence why mods reply in order emails received  at present it is taking 5/7 working maybe longer due to Easter break but mods will contact you by email or phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jackdw
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

I had exactly the same problem. Took them about 2 months to sort in the end.

The way I eventually got it sorted was to give up talking to BT India and complain on twitter @BTCare. They then send you a link to a IM chat thing, they ask for your phone number and then they phone you and you tell them all what's happened etc.

To be fair, they then get things sorted and call you back when they say they will eg after engineer visits and after a week waiting for speed to stabilise etc.

Best thing is, it's the same person you speak to each time. However the first one who handled my case didn't get anywhere so I asked to escalate/complain and she passed me over to somebody else who arranged yet another engineer visit. This engineer (the 4th to visit me in nearly as many weeks) said it was pointless them keep sending engineers as it's not a problem with the house, it's the other side of the fibre box. Odd thing is though, he said he managed to get another 10mbps out of my connection, I went up from 30 to 40 during the day. But from that point on it stayed at 40mbps even in the evenings when it would have before slowed to less than 4mbps.

I don't know if somebody who knows more about internet than I do can make sense of that and help you out but that's how it eventually got sorted for me. Take to twitter and take it from there.

As it goes I stumbled across this as my line is down at the moment but seems to be a fairly widespread issue that won't be fixed until tomorrow 😞

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

@PC_Plum

Just wait on mods getting back to you as they will take personal reposinility giving one point of contact until your problem is resolved. Just a matter of waiting until your email reaches top of inbox queue

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PC_Plum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Hi jackdw,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Another chap in my area on the same exchange, tonester3224 has the same problem.

It good to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel, even though the tunnel may be a long one!!

Hi imjolly,

Thanks for your advice. I'll wait until next week to see if i've had a response from the mods.

0 Ratings