Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 14

Re: Infinity 2 speed 20mb slower than suggested

Go to solution
Could be that, it takes weeks to get over a few disconnections.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

had trouble logging back into this website until now.

BT seem confident our line can achieve 50~MB down, and i am inclined to believe them. it definitely seems like the power cut during the stablisation period has upset something.

on monday I'll contact BT again, but what exactly should I be asking for? I imagine there must be a way for a new stabalisation period to begin so the line can figure itself out again, hopefully without disruption.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution
The only thing you can do is leave it and see if it rises - takes about a MONTH 😞
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

BT replied via email, booked an engineer for this morning. Engineer came, very nice guy, explained exactly what he was doing (super technical terms that he then happily explained when I inquired further) and why he was doing it.

Apparently the engineer that came to install it intially was useless and wired it up _very_ wrong. A lot of wiring playing with later, the wiring issue was resolved. Engineer called up whoever he needed to call to authorise the line, uh, re-syncing thing (ahh, the one technical term I didn't hear!) and a few minutes later we watched the broadband reconnect on his little handheld tester.

Here is a picture of his little gadget AFTER he fixed the wiring but BEFORE the line re-sync thingy. http://i.imgur.com/e7rv2mn.jpg

Here is a speedtest result AFTER the whole fix-a-roo~ http://i.imgur.com/8gbvkkv.png

Glad I got a very nice engineer who knew what he was doing! Happy that we are now receiving well above the 50mb estimate we got before purchasing.

Thanks for all the replies~

Tags (1)
0 Ratings