Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agreasley
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Infinity 2 speed dropped from 70Mbps to 56Mbps

Hi All, 

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this or even help me regain the perfectly stable connection speed of 70meg that I had for almost 5 years.

My connection has recently dropped from a rock solid 70mbps to 56mbps - I've tried the website speed test options with the MY BT links and even swapped over my ASUS AC87U router for the BTHH 3 with a wired gigabit connection to a machine for testing with the same results.

Any help to regain my connection speed that I'm paying for would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Infinity 2 speed dropped from 70Mbps to 56Mbps

Can you put your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post up a copy of the results. Remove your number from the screenshot though.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
agreasley
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Hi Webby,

Cheers for the speedy response, here's the screenshot of the dslchecker page as requested.

btbroadbandscreenshot.JPG

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Can you run the further diagnostics test here http://speedtest.btwholesale.com with a wired connection and post the results please.

Cheers
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
agreasley
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Will sort this when I get home around 5pm - is it worth re-plugging in my HH3 for the test or is using my ASUS AC87u router okay?
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 15

Using your Asus should be OK.

0 Ratings
agreasley
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Here's the test results as requested :

bttestcapture1.JPGbttestcapture.JPG

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

As you're using a separate modem and not an all in one unit we can't see your exact sync rate but it's somewhere close to 59.5meg, just on the cusp of the acceptable range for your line.

Are you currently connected to the master socket? Or an extension?
0 Ratings
agreasley
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Hi Webby, I'm using a white openreach HG612 modem connected directly to my master socket - is it possible that could have developed a fault as nothing has changed wiring wise at all.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Unlikely to be a faulty modem. You'd need to buy/borrow a different one as they're not supplied any more.

You're connected right at the bottom of the expected speeds, so you may well struggle to get BT to agree to send an engineer, as it's still connecting within the expected range of speeds for your line.
0 Ratings