Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richy17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Infinity 2 speed issues - lack of support

Hi,

when my broadband was installed a few weeks ago it started at around 40mb download and 10mb upload.  we had some work going on in the house so the router was knocked off several times and now my speed is at 28/8.

Im assuming that maybe the sytem thought my line was unstable and has throttled the speed back but I have called customer service twice and they say everything is fine.

Personally I can live with these speeds but im not happy that im paying for infinity2 when im barely getting infinity one prices. I spoke to customer services yesterday and they told me my minimum should be 30mb an unless it goes below that then is within spec, below that there is a problem.  We did a line test and it came back at around 28mb and yet they still said it was within spec (even though they had just said my minimum is 30) and then fobbed me off with the promise of monitoring it and calling me back if it doesnt improve, which they have promised to do before and never do.

Seeing as customer services is not going to help me, where can I go?  I either want higher speeds or lower payments,  has anyone else had similar issues and how did you get it resolved?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Infinity 2 speed issues - lack of support

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats 1-12

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and opost results

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
richy17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the reply

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)55.838.114.58.9--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)47.527.414.56.9--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7.5--5.5 to 12Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 7.5Up to 15.5 to 12Available
ADSL MaxUp to 5.5--4 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ43020412
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. VDSL uptime:0 days, 00:02:44
6. Data rate:9191 / 32383
7. Maximum data rate:9191 / 37515
8. Noise margin:5.9 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation:0.0 / 25.1
10. Signal attenuation:0.0 / 22.6
11. Data sent/received:

0.5 MB / 1.2 MB

12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Download : 30.37

Upload : 7.79

Latency : 35.63

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 30.37 Mbps

0 Mbps31.34 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 30.37 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 25.08 Mbps-31.34 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 31.34 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 7.79 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.79Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

0 Ratings
richy17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Can anyone help with this one?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

your speed is within spec at 30mb

your speeds can be anywhere between 27.4 mb and 55.8 mb
0 Ratings
richy17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

so why would he say 30 was the minimum spec?....

anyway, im not getting anywhere near 55, its constantly sitting around 30 now so to me its pointless paying for infinity 2 if this is the case

0 Ratings
richy17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

would it be possible to have a mod look at this please? Ive noticed a few people with the same issue have mods working with them. Ive tried looking on their profile for the email address link but cant find it?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

the mods link is by invite only

your stats look ok with speed within estimate and noise margin about normal 6db not leaving any scope for increasing speed. 

from these stats I would move to infinity 1 and save some money

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StephenTheCalm
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

I'm going through the same issue as you with the same responses, although one of the technical support told me the 0.03Mb upload speed i was experiencing was what i should be expecting from now on. Needless to say he realised he'd said something wrong a few seconds later...

They are sending me a new HH5 in the hopes that the router is the problem, I also have admin looking into it for me.

If and when I get this issue resolved I will post onto this thread and tell you what it was for me!

Hope yours gets sorted soon!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

@StephenTheCalm wrote:

I'm going through the same issue as you with the same responses, although one of the technical support told me the 0.03Mb upload speed i was experiencing was what i should be expecting from now on. Needless to say he realised he'd said something wrong a few seconds later...

They are sending me a new HH5 in the hopes that the router is the problem, I also have admin looking into it for me.

If and when I get this issue resolved I will post onto this thread and tell you what it was for me!

Hope yours gets sorted soon!

your problem is totally different.  your download speed is consistent with your profile but your upload speed is exceptionally low and needs assistance.

in this case the profile and download/upload speeds are as expected for connection speed

0 Ratings