cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Infinity 2 speed well below expectation

Same here.  We expected an improvement with the speed of our broadband when we were persuaded by BT a few months ago to change to infinity.  I cannot see any increase in speed whatsoever.  I have a laptop which just "freezes" frequently, a tablet that does the same and iplayer stops and starts.  I have contacted BT and they do not find anything wrong.  We are the nearest property to a BT box, it being just the other side of our fence.  What now!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 15

Please provide all the info requested in this thread 😉
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Have you tried turning off smart wireless then selecting your channel manually? Have tried splitting the 2.4 and 5ghz networks and then add say a 5 to 5ghz network. You can keep same password for both. Many devices don not like the 2 networks syncing together

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

I've tried with an Ethernet cable and it seemed to be slightly faster.

Is there anything I should do to try and improve my connection?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

LindaNess

You would be better starting your own thread instead of jumping on another poster's thread. That way it avoids confusion when replies are being given and you will get answers in relation to your problem.

Give as much information as possible about your problem and post the information already request on your new thread.

0 Ratings