Did you mean: 
johno2009
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Infinity 2 speed

Hi
Just checked my infinity 2 speed and was disappointed when it was only 13.6mbps
What should you get on average
My friend gets 52 and brother 50 so feel gutted and get a bit of buffering when streaming
Any ideas if I can improve speed or should I complain to BT
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity 2 speed

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity 2 speed

BT Infinity customers speeds are not all the same. Your speed is affected by the distance you are from the Fibre Cabinet and the quality of your line, all of which can be different to other users so it is difficult to compare them.

If you carry out the tests a imjolly has suggested this will give the results that are individual to your line and will assist in seeing if there is anything wrong or if your line is performing as it should.

0 Ratings