cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Message 11 of 49

Re: Infinity 2 stabilisation period - how can I tell it is happening?

All you need to happen is for your upload IP profile to go to 20, just like it did before. The rest is automatic and you can't really tell what's happening, unless you have a hacked modem or similar.

Note that turning off and turning back on again really does fix device problems. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
andrewk
Contributor
Message 12 of 49

If I understand you correctly, the change in IP profile is done manually - and the stabilisation is done automatically.   

0 Ratings
andrewk
Contributor
Message 13 of 49

Can anyone suggest the most effective way of actually getting to talk to a real person at BT about this issue? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 49

That's about it, although they could reset your profile once the package has been set correctly, then the stabilisation period would start again.

However, there's usually no need to do that as DLM is constantly monitoring the line not just for the first 10 days.

They do it only when a line problem has been fixed which resulted in a banded profile being applied.
--
0 Ratings
andrewk
Contributor
Message 15 of 49

I still cannot manage to contact a real person at BT who understands the problem.   I have just finished a call to a lady with an oriental accent (chinese?) after waiting to get through for about 20 mins.   I spent about 20 mins on the phone (trying to) talking to her about this.

In the end she asked me to run the BTW speed test and tell her the results.   She then asked me to talk to the "Customer Options Team" on 0800 800 150 which is the main computerised switchboard that got me to her in the first place.  She could not tell me which menu options to choose to get through to the correct section/department/person.

Does anyone have a recommendation about how to move forward with this?    How can I contact someone who understands the problem and can action a solution?

Andrew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 16 of 49

You could try the Mods http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
--
0 Ratings
andrewk
Contributor
Message 17 of 49

Yes, thank you, I have just done that.

Is there no way to contact a human employed by BT who understands the problem and can action a solution?

Andrew

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 18 of 49

It's just a matter of being patient on the phone and not being fobbed off - like I was with a problem yesterday "We will fix it in 5 days", yeah right.
--
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 49

if you have contacted the mod team leave it in their hands they will contact personally you when your mail reaches the top of there mail queue normally within 3 working days they are a UK based team who will take ownership of the problem and keep you informed of progress much less frustrating the help line
0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 20 of 49

@john46 wrote:
if you have contacted the mod team leave it in their hands they will contact personally you when your mail reaches the top of there mail queue normally within 3 working days they are a UK based team who will take ownership of the problem and keep you informed of progress much less frustrating the help line

I agree with what john46 has said here. Once the mods get involved they normally get the issues fixed in a timely manner.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings