cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yakumo
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Infinity 2 sudden DLM changes after seemingly perfect line :(

I have BT infinity 2, I was on a hh4 with a modem for a few months then later swapped to an ASUS DSL-AC68u (Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_7712 currently) for which I keep the bios up to date. I was running with fastpath up/down for years, then it changed to fp upload but interleaved download for a long time.

A couple of months back it dropped to ~60MB down but was back on fastpath download too as it had been for the first year or so, a drop in bandwidth but I was happy with that as I play multiplayer games online as my main hobby.

Then we had a couple of power cuts one day while the power company was doing some work, and not that night, but the next morning the line had very high interleav depth (~1820 down, ~560 up). I started a support ticket on sunday asking them just to reset the line profile as I was hoping to not have to wait weeks for DLM to kick in and put me back to what I would expect from such an expensive line, the tech asked me to leave the default BT equipment on the line for a couple of days, I did this until I think it was late wednesday, and then fed up of wifi issues and hoping the problems had gone away, reset my DSL-ac68u to factory default and swapped back to that.

Straight away I got fastpath on both up and down using G.INP with 1.0 symbols on down and 0.0 on up, and it ran for over 24 hours with 0 CRC errors, on ~48000 kbps I've never seen the line run so well, and was even fairly ok with such a large bandwidth drop as I figured it would mean it would stay on fastpath now with zero crc errors, and DLA / SRA would probably ramp the line speed up anyway over time as it was being so stable and CRC free.

This has lasted for 2 or 3 days and just basically been flawless, as good as the line had been for at least the first year, suddenly today however it's reconnected an hour ago,  snapped back to interleaved on both tx and rx, and even dropped the line speed down to ~4100kbps 😞

linestats after it  had been up for well over 24 hours :

Yesterday I'd looked and it was all the same bar the CRC's had gone up to 83 but that's still tiny and competely acceptable to me, there had been a big thunderstorm the night before and it seemd to be fine still.

Line stats as of about an hour ago however : 

Can anyone at BT help me get this sorted out and onto fastpath more permanently and quickly? 😞

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Infinity 2 sudden DLM changes after seemingly perfect line :(

No one at BT can reset the DLM it can only be reset by Openreach if a line fault is found and resolved all you can do is wait for the DLM to do its job
0 Ratings
Yakumo
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

@john46 wrote:
No one at BT can reset the DLM it can only be reset by Openreach if a line fault is found and resolved all you can do is wait for the DLM to do its job

[looks on the openreach page]

https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/WhoWeAre.aspx

Openreach logo

© British Telecommunications plc 2017. All rights reserved

Whatever the issue is I would hope reporting it to BT who I've been paying for 3 or 4 years would be how to get it resolved 🙂 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

You will only get a DLM reset after you have reported a line fault to BT and Openreach find that fault and fix it you will NOT get a reset any other way

BT cannot reset the DLM
0 Ratings
Yakumo
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

@john46 wrote:
You will only get a DLM reset after you have reported a line fault to BT and Openreach find that fault and fix it you will NOT get a reset any other way

BT cannot reset the DLM

By posting here I'm hoping to give someone with more technical knowledge more information than I can give a phone support script, my fault ( VOL05x-xxxxxxxxxxxx  now that I've found it or I would have posted this info earlier ) was marked as fixed yesterday automatically after the line ran *fantastically* (bar sync speed) for near 4 days , but the line untouched reconnected this morning to a state worse than it's ever been, and I'd like to try and get this resolved without being bounced back through the same scripted loop again as it was erroneously marked fixed and there seems to be no way to re-open it.

Both tests on speedtest.btwholesale.com claim there is no issue. Every time I've ever run the line tests on bt.com fault reporting page with the HH4 and modem plugged back in (from last sun-tuesday before going back to the asus) it's reported no fault.

As BT support always ask - I always use a wired connection on my desktop PC, not that that should come up when reporting specific sync issues with data direct from the router...

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

Please edit out the VOL reference as it is personal to you and this is a public forum viewable world wide
0 Ratings
Yakumo
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

No one other than a BT employee should be able to get any information from that reference, but i will keep that in mind in future, thank you.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 20

Hi @Yakumo Sorry that fault has been closed and you are still experiencing a problem with your service.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Yakumo
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

I managed to get through the BT online chat support and (re) open the ticket, they're sending an engineer on Tuesday. That was arranged before i saw the moderators response, so I have now contacted the moderators (thank you) and depending on their reply as to the best path forwards for me may cancel the engineer as I don't want to be wasting their time if they're ill-informed of the issues by first line support.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

it can be used to impersonate you it also breaks forum rules to post personal information
0 Ratings