cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnC2
Message 11 of 20

Re: Infinity 2 sudden DLM changes after seemingly perfect line :(

Hi @Yakumo I called earlier sorry I missed you. I can see that you have already been in touch and an engineer appointment has been booked for tomorrow. 

Post back and let us know how the visit went and I will check back with you on Wednesday.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Yakumo
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Engineer has been, nice guy, he's reset the line profile and said he thoght the box outside needed to be replaced for a more modern one so he put an order in for that. It's doing well for now but obviously it was great for several days before the last drop to very bad performance, and it's still going to be training now, so we'll see how things go 🙂

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 13 of 20

Hi @Yakumo Thanks for the update and keep an eye on the connection for a few more days and post back and let us know when your happy it fixed or if problems come back.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 14 of 20

Hi @Yakumo I called earlier sorry I could not reach you. I wanted to check how your connection is now and if you are happy to consider this fault resolved and it's ok for me to close this case.

Post back and let me know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 15 of 20

Hi @Yakumo,

@JohnC2 has asked me to pick this up in his absence. I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I've tested the connection and can see that you're currently getting around 59 - 60meg download and there have been no drops since the last visit. Are you happy for me to close things off at this stage?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Yakumo
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

I was very happy with it, though I'd been away for several days it was sticking with fastpath up/down and my router stats had shown no disconnections. 

That was until 1hr 45 min ago, only about 30min before you'd tried to call (I was out and driving, sorry). There was no further power cut but for some reason it's dropped to interleaved download again 😞

I also havn't heard anything further about the replacement of the box outside the house which the engineer said he had ordered?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

Leave it alone for a few weeks. G.INP should be enabled and that should bump the speed back up. If your line is now decent, you may also see a reduction in the target noise margin, which will further increase the speed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Yakumo
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

@Webby wrote:
Leave it alone for a few weeks. G.INP should be enabled and that should bump the speed back up. If your line is now decent, you may also see a reduction in the target noise margin, which will further increase the speed.

Just to be clear I'm not interested in what is usually bandied about on these forums as 'speed' ie bandwidth. I'm only interested in attempting to maintain the fastpath connection that I had previously, and again for 2 weeks until today after the engineers visit, as that lowers my ping by ~10ms and is the main reason for going for FTTC (with FTTH not yet available here).

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

G.INP gets a circuit back to pretty much a pre interleaved state.

Unfortunately interleaving is not deemed a fault, and there’s no way to disable it in DLM.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Yakumo
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Hopefully that will happen then, it's just annoying going from having had fastpath for years to being stuck on 'cross fingers and hope', especially as the line cost has increased.

I guess just waiting to hear about this box replacement then.

0 Ratings