Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Infinity 25.60 package gone?

Hello all

Has the Infinity only 25.60 package disappeared? I see there is one for 28 pounds including a call package but I dont use a landline and don't want a calls package. The infinity only package no longer appears.... thought it could be my browser not displaying the page correctly and tested it on Safari on Mac and IE9 but its not there.....

My cabinet is due to go live by 30th Sept unless delayed again and wanted the 25.60 package....

Thanks

Nicky

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Infinity 25.60 package gone?

The only way is to phone sales - hopefully it will be UK (as long as not out of hours).

They have access to schemes other than those on line, for example I was on seperate contracts for phone and broadband (both with BT) and they were able to sort it out.

all ther best

Michael

0 Ratings
wolfstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

There is a £25.60 package showing at the bottom of THIS PAGE  but you must have an existing operational bt line. which means you are already paying line rental.

If you do not have an existing working line you need to have it connected and the £25.60 would be on top of your line rental as it is with all the broadband prices quoted on the BT web site.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Yep,wolfstar is correct,no BT landline master socket,no Infinity.
A BT phone socket is needed for the installation of Infinty,and the installer can add or make any socket a master.
Cable ISP`s do not use a phone socket,BT uses the phone lines to the cabinet,then fibre optic to the exchange.

0 Ratings
wolfstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

happy to help.

Just a thought but if you are still considering getting the line connected and adding infinity i would think about paying the extra £2.40 and getting the unlimited package then you could use the phone on all the inclusive numbers ie; 01 02 03.

0 Ratings
nickyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the posts....

I should have said I already have a BT line installed as I have ADSL for broadband. I dont use the landline for making/receiving calls so wouldnt want a call package. Cable services not available in my area.

When I view the product page in wolfstar's link or even the broadband link from the main BT.com page the "panel" which shows you the 25.60 package does not appear. The 28 pounds packages appear then the panel advertising BT handsets. At work today I had a look at the same page and the 25.60 package does appear. We use IE 7 on Win XP at work. If I view the page on Safari on Mac OSX and IE9 on Win7 (bootcamp) and on Safari on Ipad/Iphone the 25.60 panel does not appear.

Very weird!! Problem with the page coding or is it just me???

Nicky

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

nickyboy,
It is definately there,I have a multiboot system with XP Home [IE 8],and Win7 Pro [IE 9],and the link works in both of my operating systems.

Sounds like a Mac OSX and IE9 on Win7 (bootcamp) prob.I use a PC not a Mac system.
So I quess you can still order it online or otherwise.
ironman123.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

hi..

pacakge donot change after ur order has been placed

they details in the page are for those u place the order from today on

hence donot worry

u will be on the same package

0 Ratings
nickyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the info....

Looks like I'll either have to order by phone or use the PC at work to order online when Infinity finally launches on my cabinet!

Thanks again

Nicky

0 Ratings