cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Infinity 3 Order - Cornwall

I was with Sky for my broadband and phoneline but a couple of months ago I saw that finally I was able to order FTTP, so I did. Placed the order and everything seemed like it was going smoothly. Then the 'fun' started, I had to cancel the original order a week later because apparently the computer system could not cope with my order and the fact they had to change the old phone number over from Sky, then make it a fibre line! Anyway, placed another order in the middle of August with an install date of 14th September but no broadband, although they did cancel my broadband with Sky for me which was nice because it meant i then had nothing! Since then I have been on the phone to them several times and no one can actually tell me when they will actually install the broadband, the stock answer is that they will get someone to phone me the following Monday, but they never do :(!

So my question really is, how long is this whole torrid process meant to take? Originally it was about 3 weeks but I am currently at about 8 weeks and no one in BT seems to know what is going on :(! Complaining does not seem to work as there is currently a complaint against the order but it dos not actually make them do anything or get in contact, for a communication company they seriously lack in communication skills!

Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Infinity 3 Order - Cornwall

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 17

Have you tried calling the fibre sales team? 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

My results are 🙂

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 13.04.16.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

then phone the FTTP sales number already posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 17

Superclayt i had exactly the same issue and funnily enough I'm in Cornwall too. I put my first order in June, however it got delayed due to having to make some changes outside my home, and my old supplier cut me off on the original transfer date. So I was left with Nothing.

Nobody at BT was able to help me and my appointment just kept getting delayed. I had to get serious and speak to various managers to get my normal internet back, as initially they wanted me to wait 3 weeks! I managed to whittle it down to a week eventually.

Eventually I spoke to somebody at the fibre team in Truro, a lady called Sheena who was fantastic, apologetic and gave me a bit of discount after explaining my issue and the amount of man hours I had spent on the phone.

After 4 months, and almost a total of 7 hours on the phone to BT I'm supposed to go live on Friday. I just hope I'm not being too optimistic after the issues that I have had.

The numbers that worked for me were the fibre teams on either, 08005874787 or **Edited**

I hope you get there in the end.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Uh oh... I am in Cornwall and should be having FTTP installed next Friday on 23rd October.  No external work has been done yet but the order is showing as on track according to the order tracking. 

Fingers crossed I dont experience the same delays.  Man Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 17

Just called them up now to check all was okay...

Cancelled again.

Brilliant.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Thanks everyone, I am going to give them a call and try and get an answer to what is happening :).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

So still waiting for BT to get there finger out and give me the FTTP I ordered 4 months ago, decided to call the fibre team (only 1hr30mins on the phone) and see what was happening. Told last month that the manifold needed to be replaced this time the guy on the phone actually said it was my fault for the delay!!!! I quote he said "stop harrassing BT as that is what is causing the delay", so apparently the 4 month delay is my fault, and I should just wait for BT to get their act together and finally provide the service that I ordered and they said was available!

I would complain but BT does not care as they have a monopoly.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas :).

0 Ratings