Did you mean: 
Big_G
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Infinity Advice Please

Hi guys

Was looking for some advice from people who have Infinity

Bt recently offered us Infinity where I live

Myself and my wife are regular online gamers, myself on xbox live my wife on laptop, probably 3-4 hrs a night longer at weekends (sad I know Smiley Sad)

Do you think we are likely to fall foul of the fair usage policy, we don't download movies/music so except usual internet usage, that's about all we use it for.

Would be really grateful for peoples experiences with this, thank you in advance

p.s. I have searched the forums, but not seen a post that completely answers my question

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
MeanMint
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity Advice Please

We have 3 Xbox's and two of them are used for Xbox live playing, even on weekends the useage will not be any more that about 200Mb. Playing Xbox live only uses small packets of data. It's streaming and downloading movies that's the big user.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
0 Ratings
Highlighted
RubberNutter
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi

I am on Infinity and you will have no problems, the FUP is 300 gig a month on Infinity, each game will vary in data transfers.

For this month I have used 70 gig of data, this is playing games on line, the missues watching TV programs and gamming, downloading some files and game demos, I don't use any bit torrent p2p type software this is a typical month for us.

0 Ratings
Big_G
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Hi guys

Thx for the replys

Following your advice I decided to give Infinity a go

As our pc was a bit dated thought I'd order a new pc, so when we had Infinity installed it could be installed on it to save having to redo

Got confirmation date of pc delivery this morning so I phoned BT to arrange the switch to Infinity, only to be told I was unable to receive Infinity on my line.

I find this incredible, following a couple of months of mailshots/phonecalls from BT trying to sell me Infinity, and checking the linechecker myself numerous times. To find this morning that suddenly it is no longer available is mystifying. The website still claims Infinity still available on my exchange Smiley Sad

I hope for their sake I don't receive another sales call from BT any time soon

0 Ratings
cao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

0 Ratings
cao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Also having problems - do you live in Cardiff?
0 Ratings
Big_G
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Sorry not Cardiff

Not far though as the crow flies, Weston-super-Mare

0 Ratings
andyrossitter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hi Big_G

I also live in WsM in West Wick new build currently getting 1-1.5mb, infinity at exchange, cabinet enabled but I can only get 11.5mb on the speed checker and have been advised that I cannot get Infinity although I can wait until January I may be able to get ADSL2+ which will give me potentially 2Mb. Stunning isn't it?

Andy

0 Ratings