cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stepham10
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Infinity Availability Dates - Aberdeen West - Craigiieburn Park Area AB15 7SG

It looks like quite a few E/O customers in Aberdeen will be able to get fibre at some point. The exchanges in Aberdeen West, Westhill & Peterculter all have new cabinets popping up outside of close by. Also, there is a planning request for one outside the exchange on Bon Accord Street. Chances are there may be even more than this buty therse are just the ones that I have seen myself.

That should take care of many of the shorter lines, now we just need FTTRN for the longer ones. I have heard that it will be rolling out in Aberdeenshire in 2015.

0 Ratings
datacopy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Re: Infinity Availability Dates - Aberdeen West - Craigiieburn Park Area AB15 7SG

The men have been working for our a month on connecting up the news cabinets outside Anerdern West to the exchange. Many big cables with zillions of copper wires in them. Looks like they are all connected to the smaller green cabinet outside the Exchange. Hopefully we shall see some action on the DSLAM soon.
0 Ratings
datacopy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

I had a chat with someone in the Scottish a Government. The EO lines in AB15 7SG are being upgraded to Superfast, the DSLAMs just need to be commissioned. But no date as yet. Good news.
0 Ratings
datacopy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

At least one of the DSLAMs is now energised at Aberdeen West. Fans whirring etc. One DSLAM has a poster on it announcing Superfast broadband coming, with government and EU sponsors etc. ADSL checker says no. Can't imagine it's too far away though. Thank you Scottish Government and Openreach.
just_some_guy
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Anyone know any more news on superfast coming to Aberdeen West E/O customers?

I recently moved to near Lang Stracht and still only a measly 3mb/s whereas over in the east fibre is readily available?.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

try contacting openreach 

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings