cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilMaxwell
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Infinity Availability in the BT28 area...?

We moved into a new build development last October (postcode BT28 3NT) and it's fustrating that all the other older houses on the road both sides of our development can get infinity at +30Mbs, however I'm sitting on an average of 1Mbs...

Tried emailing several times, phoning too and not getting any valid response why Infinity isn't available to me...

The BT Wholesale ADSL checker says that it is a line length problem, but why then can other people connected to the same exchange several hundred metres up the road further away from the exchange get infinity then...?

The ADSL checker orks with my phone number, although when I put in my postcode, it says I'm somewhere in Germany (I'm actually in N.Ireland), could this be the problem...?

Thinking back to when I got connected, the engineer couldn't find a dialing tone on the line and I remember him saying something about the tone being sent to the Little Thaxon development (about 1 mile away), maybe another problem...?

Annoyed that even though I'm paying for 16Mbs Broadband and BT Vision that I cannot use the service as it is below the 2Mbs threshold required by the Vision box to stream on demand...

I'm guessing/hoping it's just a case of someone needing to flick a switch somewhere or plug in a new cable or something else as simple...?

Any suggestions how to improve my situation will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Phil

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Aarong
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity Availability in the BT28 area...?

Hi and welcome to the forum, i checked your postcode and it says there is no rollouts planned, however, this is based on a spreadsheet 6 months out of date so things could have changed by then.

What exactly does it say here? https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Routing of cables is a funny thing, yours could be extremely much longer but there is no way to tell.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
PhilMaxwell
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

For Telephone Number 02892****** on Exchange LISBURN

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 1Mbps. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Additionally, your line may be able to support an estimated ADSL speed between 1 to 2 Mbps using Broadband Enabling Technology. A solution created specifically for communities who have very long telephone lines. If you decide to place an order, an appointment might be required where an engineer may need to visit your premises who will, where possible, supply the service.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 1Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 750Kbps and 2.5Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 1Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 3.5Mbps.

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 4 of 7

Seems like you may well not be able to get it, the ADSL checker is pretty accurate.

It fibre were available to you it would be something like this:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 4Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 5Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 5.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 4.5Mbps and 6.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 500Kbps and downstream line speed of 5.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 4.5Mbps and 6.5Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 65.3Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps

There is really not much more you can do but play the waiting game 😞
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
pilot1
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

If you know which cabinet your phone line is connected to go to www.nibroadband.com. On the map click Lisburn and all the cabinets in the area will come up. Go to the 1 that you are connected to and it will give the install date or whether it is ready to receive orders now.

0 Ratings
PhilMaxwell
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Houses beside me appear to be connected to cabinet number 58 on the Lisburn exchage and can get superfast, however my phone number throws up a blank...

Looking at all the cabinets in Lisburn, number 17 which is in the nearby barracks, is due to be connected 30/06/12, so maybe I'm on that cabinet as it's the only one in the exchange area that isn't yet taking orders...

Is there anyway to find out what cabinet you are connected too...?

0 Ratings
pilot1
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Fill in the form to contact the mods and they should be able to tell you which cabinet you are connected to.

0 Ratings