cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukeH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Infinity Broken Yet Again

As above... The wonderful stability I was promised when advised to upgrade has fsiled again. Obviously living in one of the largest cities in the world is a tricky prospect when BT have to supply you with a service. The good news (for them) is that I'm still payong my bill.

Now all I have to do is spend 2 hours on the phone to India where it won't get fixed and then have them insist on a pointless engineer visit, that may or may not happen on the day I have to take off work..... Oh the joys of being a BT Infinity customer...
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
LukeH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: Infinity Broken Yet Again

3 days later... Still broken... How long does it have to be before BT are officially not providing the service I pay an arm and a leg for and my contract can be cancelled??
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 12

What exactly is wrong with your service? Providing some more information might help the forum members work out what the problem is and how to fix it. Have you sent us an email yet or contacted the helpdesk? If so, what are the latest developments?

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LukeH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Basically, it runs very slow and stops altogether throughout the day and night. It is an intermittent fault which 4 different engineers have confirmed ISN'T in my house. I upgraded to Infinity when I was promised that this would solve the issue. A few months in and it has failed three times now. The usual BT approach is to head scratch then tell me they can see the problem, but can't solve it. Then they send an engineer to my house who asks why he's there when the problem isn't here. Then we all cross our fingers and hope it'll work again....until the next time.....meantime the direct debit keeps on paying.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Is this using an ethernet cable or using wi-fi?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
LukeH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

It's wifi...but that isn't the problem. The issue is, and always has been, outside my house. BT India (level 2 no less) have just called to tell me that there are 'serious issues' with a cable somewhere outside my house and my line has been capped (again). They can't tell me what the 'serious issues' are, nor how they are going to fix them. What they are trying to do though is to book an engineer visit to my house to fix the problem that errr.... isn't in my house.

I have asked what the point is and also if they can promise he will come when booked, but I can't get a straight answer. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

What makes you think there's a problem with a cable outside your house?

"Then they send an engineer to my house who asks why he's there when the problem isn't here"
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
LukeH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

The (at least) 4 previous engineer visits. They all acknowledge that something is wrong outside the house, they just don't know what it is. The phone call tonight says it's cabling....but they don't know what. If they want to send an engineer to check all the bits outside then I don't have a problem.....it's having to take a day off work that for no reason that bothers me....and that they can't actually find the fault, they just agree that there is one!

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

If the engineers are doing their job propery they will test the line from inside your home to the exchange. If that passes on each occasion its unlikely to be a cable fault.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

I don't have infinity but am surprised by message 4 where it is stated  " I upgraded to Infinity when I was promised that this would solve the issue" - since if there were issues that were after the cabinet then they would still exist on FTTC.

Given the history you should take up DeanM's suggestion and email the mods as they should be able to access your case history etc and will be able to investigate in more depth than you can.

0 Ratings