Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idingsdale
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Infinity Confusion

Hi All,

Hoping someone here can clarify something around Infinity for me...

My premesis are served by overhead telegraph poles, so assuming FTTP wont ever be possible.

The checker shows that I cant get Infinity and the exchange has been enabled - other friends in the area have it. The big list of cabinets shows mine as being an FTTP cabinet.

Given that its an active FTTP cabinet and the checker shows I cant get it, should I assume I'll never be able to get Infinity?

WWEXTREXETEREX25EZ{WWEXTR}{P94}0100%7.395aYes

FTTP

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity Confusion

It is possible to be fed overhead with FTTP

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Jonny
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Lucky you, towards the bottom 100meg connection FTTP

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25633&s_intcid=con_in...

£35 p/m

Infinity is just BT's 'brand' name for fibre services as in FTTC and FTTP, confusing to most especially past 18 months of adverts.

0 Ratings
idingsdale
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Not lucky really, as the checker says I can only get total broadband. Saying that, I'm unable to check with the phone number as my line is with sky currently. So Im connected to an active FTTP cab, the exchange is enabled and its possible to deliver by overhead cables. Why can't I order it the ? 😞
0 Ratings
idingsdale
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Im now even more confused. .... The cable goes from my flat to a pole. That pole is only connected to other houses and 1 other pole - doesn't look like anything running down it. The other pole is a new metal one which is connected to other neighbouring houses and nothing else. On the floor by this pole is a new trench (it's right next to some new flats) with a BT manhole cover going straight towards the green cab on the road. The new flats have new open reach points on the outside - if anyone is going to be getting FTTP from my cabinet it's them. Put their postcode in the checker and same result - total broadband only. Appreciate these things take time and I'm happy to be patient, but when everything indicates it should be doable apart from the ordering system, it's infuriating!
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Does your pole have any newish looking cable with a yellow stripe going down it? Or a sign that says "Caution Fibre Overhead" If it does then you are ready or almost ready for FTTP. If not then you will have to wait until its been done.

The FTTP service doesnt run off a cab as its all fed from smallish distribution points.

0 Ratings
Jonny
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

When i put the order through a few weeks ago, it didnt recognise my number then had the ADSL info up to 1meg available.

I am currently using FTTC with another provider 13 months and line rental and calls with another BT reseller online.

The info given back isnt always true.

0 Ratings
idingsdale
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

What did you do to get the correct information?

0 Ratings