Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shakeyjake87
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Infinity Connection Issues and Poor Customer Service

Where do I start...

I have been with an intermittent Internet connection since the 1st July 2015 and today still have the same problem. Countless phone calls to the Helpdesk and 5 x engineer visits later, I am still no further to getting my internet connection resolved.

The broadband just randomly drops and can stay offline for hours and / or days and then be back up for a few days. After originally reporting to the Helpdesk my issue on 3rd July, an engineer attended my house and confirmed there was an issue at the main cabinet. Apparently this was a known fault due to many damaged ports within the cabinet. This was reported back to the Helpdesk and was also a problem for other residents in the area.

The broadband connection has continued to drop throughout July and now through to August. With many phone calls and useless troubleshooting with the Level 2 team, additional engineer visits and even a replacement Hub 5, the same engineer who visited on 6th July has confirmed the same issue today that he reported originally. It has made me question... What do the BT Helpdesk actually do?

When I called back at the start of July following my first engineer visit, I was told by the service desk analyst there was no issue at the cabinet and no other problems were mentioned in my area. Surely the original engineer couldn't of got it wrong? More engineers were sent out to investigate my wall socket and many other things but still the problem persisted.
Any conversation I have had with the Helpdesk has proved to be pointless and it is quite clear they have no understanding of any major issues outside of "resetting your router". Many times I was reassured the issue would be fixed but here I am today with still no internet and no commitment from BT as to when this issue will be resolved.

I asked today to be given a date for when the new cabinet ports would be installed and was told there is no ETA. I have tried to be patient throughout this whole process but i can't continue to keep going round and round in circles. I am reliant on working from home which requires an Internet connection and also pay for other services that require Internet connection which I am losing out on, not to mention I am currently eating into all of my mobile data every day (when I can get 3G).

It is such a shame BT have so much control and monopolise the telephony industry otherwise they might consider a better customer service approach. There is no communication and a clear lack of customer value, especially with the time and effort I am having to put in to try and get this resolved and doesn't help the people you are speaking to have no understanding of the problem or means of escalating further.

I have been told a call back is scheduled for 17th August and the Helpdesk will "try" and confirm a date for when the cabinet will be fixed...

If someone could help and / or advise how to progress this further within BT that would be great.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Infinity Connection Issues and Poor Customer Service

the cabinet upgrade is the responsibility of Openreach not BT BT is just a service provider like Sky and Talk Talk and have no control over the work
0 Ratings
Shakeyjake87
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

It is still BT Open Reach though yeah? All part of the same company who own the responsibility of the cabinet?

If this is the case, does anyone have contact details for the Open Reach department?
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

no it is just Openreach part of the BT Group of companies who work on behalf of all service providers of which BT retail is one and under OFCOM rules BT get no preferential treatment

Openreach do not deal with the public directly only service providrs
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Yet again it appears that BT are using the "its not our fault, it's Openreach" get out.

Your contract is with BT ISP and it is up to BT ISP to ensure that the service that they have agreed to provide is done and at the speeds etc that they were contracted to deliver

It does not matter to you that Openreach are the company who maintain the cabinets and infrastructure. You do not have a contract with them. BT ISP does and as already stated your contract is with BT ISP.

It is up to BT ISP to deliver what they are contracted to do. It is up to BT ISP to chase Openreach and have them carry out the work so that BT ISP do not let their customers down. It is BT ISP who are breaching their contract to you and it is BT ISP who your complaint is and if they are not fulfilling their part of the contract, the blame and resolution lies with them.

You need to complain to BT ISP and if need be write to the CEO of BT and let him know how badly Openreach is damaging the reputation of BT ISP and also how poorly you have been treated by Customer Services. I would also advise that you should get the other residents who are affected by this to do the same.

It is about time that all the ISPs including BT put pressure on Openreach to deliver a better service than they are presently doing and not to use the excuse that it is not a BT problem because Openreach maintain the cabinets etc.

0 Ratings
BringbackGPO
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I can understand why people post here, just to vent anger and frustration at BT's inability to provide good service when things go wrong. And things do go wrong, too often, in fact every time an "Engineer" turns up at the cabinet across the road.

I'm so annoyed right now I can't tell the latest chapter of my BT / Openreach saga.

I would probably be the last person to vote labour, but I'm actually hoping that Jeremy Corbyn does become PM, so BT can be re-nationalised. Could it be any worse than it is now?

Horse sh*t or cow sh*t...... take your pick.

0 Ratings
Firepool
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Bull sh*t, I think.
And to think that they are trying to recruit more customers...
0 Ratings
Shakeyjake87
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I have managed to get hold of a contact at BT who I am hoping will help me out.

Thanks for the responses, it does appear I am not alone with these issues. I know changing service provider won't improve anything, it just frustrates me that you don't have that option! Any other company would lose so many customers if they handled customer issues and complaints the same way BT treats the consumer.
0 Ratings