cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infinity222
Message 1 of 4

Infinity Home Hub 4 not working properly with Apple Devices

Just got BT Infinity broadband with Home Hub 4 and I'm so impressed by the speed. However there's a fundamental problem with 'remote images' on Apple devices connected over Wi-Fi.

When I receive emails on my iPhone that have 'remote images' in them, the images don't appear. The iPhone is correctly configured to download them but they don't appear!

The same problem occurs in the Sky News App on iPhone. The individual stories appear but without the images!

The issue is with the Wi-Fi element of the BT Home Hub 4. If I disable the Wifi in the Home Hub 4 and connect my original Apple AP (Airport Extreme) the problem goes away. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity Home Hub 4 not working properly with Apple Devices

Try going to safari and then you should a bt start up page click on the get started then close safari go back to the email reboot the phone and the images should be there I had this issue yesterday and doing that solved it

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 3 of 4

My house is sponsored by Apple lol

I have an iPhone4S, iPad2, MacBook, AppleTV, and the wife has an iPhone 5.

All of them play ball very well with the homehub 4 and infact work much better than they did with the Hub 3 (both types) and so far I have had no problems with any of my Apple devices.

I'm sorry i dunno what to suggest apart from factory resetting the Hub and seeing if that rectifys anything.

**edit** just thinking it could be a poor wireless channel choice and the apple devices are maybe more sensitive to it, download inssider for window or istumbler for mac and check to see if you are using the best channels and if that doesnt work then maybe factory reset the hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

same here Stuey i found the above work round solved any problems with both iPhone 4&5 and ipad 3's
0 Ratings