cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Infinity Homehub DNS issues

Just upgraded to BT Infinity with fantastic 42/10 line speed (BE ADSL was 6/0.5)

Starting to get problems with DNS name resolution, takes up to 10 seconds to resolve a name to IP and make an initial connection from the home hub DHCP delivered addresses. DNS Namebench shows other name servers will resolve in miliseconds.

Over riding DHCP configured DNS settings on a device works fine. But with 15+ devices (PCs, phones, tablets, home entertainment) that come and go thats no solution.

I see that the BT homehub DNS settings are not accessible even with advanced config, probably delivered at boot, and rebooting is not changing them. Spoke with 1st and 2nd line support, nothing they can do. Comical circular lock-out, but not an unexpected gamble I took coming to BT.

Looks like I need to provide my own router that will take the VDSL modem connection. Any recommendations that have 4+ LAN ports and Wifi G/N ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity Homehub DNS issues

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

belkin n cable version works fine i use open dns on it works fine mate and router is cheap on ebay
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4

basically anyu cable router will work fine with the openreach modem, there are a couple of dual wan adsl/cable routers as well

0 Ratings