cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warbler
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Infinity Hub causing physical headaches?

I transferred to Infinity on Monday 30th January; process was fine.  Within half an hour of using my desktop I suffered a physical headache; something which I do not normally experience.  The BT Helpdesk suggested that I move the hub 10 feet away from me. After this move the headache ceased.

Unfortunately ever since I have a permanent feeling of what I call a muzzy head, a sort of dullness across the back of my head.  Every time I leave the house I feel fine and the muzzy feeling returns when I enter the house again.  After further calls BT say that there is nothing further that can be done.

Am I the only person experiencing this problem?  Are there any suggestions anyone can make to improve matters?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
somersetbob
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity Hub causing physical headaches?

If you're not connecting wirelessly then does the hub provide the option to turn off the transmitter? Then use the internet over ethernet cable.
0 Ratings
ishdd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Wow, that doesn't sound like much fun 😞

Have you experienced this with other wireless routers or is it just the hub?

You could try switching down to b/g mode - Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Wireless interface type: -> 802.11 b/g .. this will reduce the speed of your wifi by disabling the faster N mode which uses an additional frequency (5 GHz vs b/g which are 2.4 GHz IIRC). Perhaps your are particularly sensitive to that band? (total speculation)

Otherwise all I can think to recommend is to switch away from using wireless - at home I use a set of Devolo 200Mbps powerline LAN plugs (http://tinyurl.com/6th8qly) that streams the broadband through the power sockets. They cope very well with the speeds provided by Infinity.

These days I very rarely use wireless at all, but of course your mileage may vary (smart phones or tablets, for example, don't quite fit into this picture). Depending on the location of your master socket, this might let you move your hub further away from you, if not disable WiFi entirely.

0 Ratings
ianm42
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

Works for me....

Hat.jpg

0 Ratings
Pancho78
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Very very funny !! First laugh out moment today well done!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

There's no difference to you using it with BT Total broadband. Faster speeds delivered to the hub doesn't cause headaches. Could it be coincidence?

Some people do claim to suffer from interference from WiFi but nothing has even been proven...
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dcullum
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

My neighbour is very susceptible to any kind of wireless interference and claimed that setting his channel to 9 caused him to have fits (not BT though)!

Totally bizzare!!!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Wireless frequences can and do cause lots of problems.

One obvious one is a pace maker that some heart patients use,others include any radio controlled device like toys or models,and our brianwaves which are of an electrical nature and operate at radio and other levels can also be effected.

For instance if you had a model aircraft on 26Mhz and a friend tried flying his plane on the same frequency you would be both controlling both planes.BANG!.

So I quess that it is possible for some of us to be effected by radio signals.

0 Ratings
Warbler
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Thank you; please see my update, which I have posted as new.

0 Ratings
Warbler
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Thank you; please see my update, which I have posted as new.
0 Ratings