cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Infinity, I am now officially sick of it.

Kelly changed the Modem then I started to have connection issues. Engineer comes out changes the faceplate on the white box, gives me another new modem. My connection now at best is 14 down and 1.5 up. The Engineer also tells me the cable from the pole to the outside of my house is 20 years old does he replace it? No because the pole has to be checked due to health and safety regulations.

I am paying good money for a service and at the moment I am not getting what I am paying for.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Infinity, I am now officially sick of it.

they will need a team with a cherry picker to do the work or maybe even have to replace the pole and that takes time
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

What was your speeds before the modem was changed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Prior to the first modem change I was consistantly getting 36mb. I checked it today two or three times and managed 16mb at best.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Have you checked your profile via the BT Speedtest? I remember reading on here where a low profile existed after a modem change which was then "stuck" and needed manual reset.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

I have been on the phone to BT this evening got another engineer booking for Tuesday. The engineer on the last visit had it running at 34mb but it is certainly no where near that now.

It may be the case that given the wiring from the pole on the outside of my property has not been changed for twenty years perhaps it needs looked at. The one thing that I still dont understand is there was no issue until the modem was changed by Kelly Communications.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

nobody is changing my modem thats for sure ^^

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

My house has been up for over 20 years with the same wire and pole outside and just looking outside now I suppose I better go out and cut some of the trees in my garden thats growing close to the wire..........heres hoping I don't snip the wire 😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

You also said that the engineer changed the faceplate. Could something have gone wrong here that is causing the bad speeds now? Perhaps a faulty filter in the faceplate?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 16

Try and power cycle the modem.
Just unplug the modem from the power wait a few seconds and plug it back in.
Just yesterday for some reason I kept getting a 2kbps connection to a server I have remote access to, I just power cycled the modem and everything went back to 4.4mbps
0 Ratings