Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cherkhan
Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Infinity - IP Profile has been reduced by 10 Mbps following line fault

I am afraid that you are suffering the same problems I did and am still doing.

BT will not do a damned thing to help you with your lower profile. I have been banging into Bt about this raising fault after fault. All you get back is them telling you that Infinity will not guarantee any particular speed etc etc. I am taking this to OFCOM as my lower profile happened at exactly the same time their exchange went mad with faults.

Frfankly I do not think BT have a clue as to what is happening or why, they just try to tell you rubbish and rubbish and expect you to take it.

I have absolutely no confidence that anyone telles me from BT especially these mods. They are passing on information given to them along with their 'having tested my line'. It is NOT the flaming line. it is the exchanghe equipment needs tweeking!

India are a waste of time and as of lately, the mods are just as bad. None of them appear to have any technical understanding. They have your money and now do not care.

0 Ratings
archovate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

OK... so today my IP Profile has been reduced again to 21 Mbps. 

Why is my IP Profile continually being altered... no scratch that.... continually reduced? 

BT shouldn't be able to do this without as much as a word to let their users know.

Cherkin I agree completely... it's ridiculous, thanks for your input.

Anyone with words of wisdom please share! Man Mad

0 Ratings
Steveflan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Well, now Im jumping on the band wagon. Installed Infinity on the 17th March 2011, with full 40mb and 10mb upload. For 3 whole months I was amazed at the speed i was receiving, UNTIL June 2011 when the exact same prob happened to me. Now 23mb same upload of 10mb. After the first engineer visit, he managed to get my speed up to 35mb for a week, then dropped even lower to 21mb. The second engineer rambled on about the same stuff as they do about anything above 15mb in considered good. Checked the line and it was fine. 

I am one of those people that have a samknows broadband checker, which produces everyday my download and uploads speeds. Even my ping, it makes some interesting reading I will try and post my findings on here for the moderaters to have a look.

Download 2011.png

0 Ratings
npinks
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

I am suffering from this also, dsl modem replaced and engineer called them to reset my line, my ip profile is now 15.9mbs, a drop from 38mbs, my upload dropped from 10mbs to 648kbs, yes just over half meg 😞 but has returned

Now trying lift and shift but, mumbai just don't seem to understand the difference between what I used to get and now
0 Ratings