cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Infinity Install slow

I signed up to Infinity in July 2016, i had my phone line connected and a connection date of July 18th this came and went with no Infinity connection. After dozens of very long waiting calls, i had an answer than there was not enough capacity in my local cabinet and would be sorted asap.

It is now November and still no infinity.

Why was bt allowed to sell something they cannot supply and why was i not offered standard broadband ibn the meantime ???.

Can i get out of my bt contract, they are so hard to get answers from i am really p**ed off.

How can i get straight answers

#

Gary

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity Install slow

If the service hasn't yet been provided then yes you can get out of the contract for Infinity. Indeed the contract shouldn't have yet begun.

Sometimes the issue is out of BT's hands. It's the Openreach network that BT use and if the Openreach cabinet is full to capacity there's nothing any ISP can do about it.

Can you post your line results from here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

screenshot-www.dslchecker.bt.com-2016-11-03-17-52-03.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Yeah FTTP can be a bit of a nightmare. If you're happy with regular broadband soeeds of 13-17meg then you can cancel the order and request a copper line installation with regular ADSL.

If you want superfast speeds you'll just need to wait until it's installed I'm afraid.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings