cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Navrig
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Infinity Install - what to expect

Mr BT man is due to visit us on Tuesday with our new Infinity install.

The plan was for my wife to be at home but it now looks like she cannot be there so I may have to do a work from home.  However working from home normally involves significant use of internet - we use MS Direct Access so even business telephones use VOIP and my internet.  My mobile reception at home is poor so I divery everything to my business number.

I can take enough non internet work home with me to cover a couple of hours but I doubt I can cover a whole day.

How long for a typical install can I expect to be interupted?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity Install - what to expect

If you received a BT Home hub 5 in the post, then the installation will be self-install, unless BT have told you that a visit to your house is needed.

The exception would be for Infinity 2, or if BT detect an abnormality during the line test, which would indicate a visit is neede.

SHOLTIE
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

My Installation took approx 90 minutes that was from start to finish, cabinet work.  I also had some of the cabling changed in my property so it may of taken longer than ususal. 

Good luck with the install

Sholtie

Navrig
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Keith - Previous installs have all been self install but on this occassion BT have given us a slot on a particular day.  Not sure why but perhaps because our town has just recently had Infinity "installed" and perhaps there is still some cable issues.

If I knew it was just a switch on at the exchange and then a self install I'd be happy to do that myself.

0 Ratings