Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
spluff
Expert
Message 1 of 17

Infinity Ordered - Quick Question

I have ordered BT Infinity now πŸ™‚

I am currently with SKY for telephone and broadband.

I was expecting the online ordering system to ask for a MAC code when I ordered - but it didnt.  Is this OK?

My BT welcome pack + modem is due to come 2 days before I come back from holiday so I wont be home - will I be able to pick it up from the post office on the day of the install?

Thanks

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: Infinity Ordered - Quick Question

I believe if you were on Sky LLu exchange , you do not need the MAC code. as regards the delivery , well they normally leave it at the post office for collection if no one in(Royal mail) Parcel force sometimes do this as well, but can leave a card for re delivery..

You might be better off to re-arrange the install for a few days later, to ensure that you have been able to pick up or re-arrange delivery.

If the engineer turns up and you do not have the equipment ,(through your fault)  you could possibly get charged for the visit.

If you want to re-arrange the install  you have to ring the Tel no: in the confirmation letter

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 3 of 17

Well in my experience none of that is true, I was on sky LLU and had to give a MAC code, the parcel was not left at a post office, it was just left at the side of the house and they didn't even leave me a card I just found it there when I wondered why it hadn't come yet

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 17

Apparently MAC codes are not required for a simultaenous provision. However many people report engineers not turning up as Openreach cancel the order until the phoneline is switched. It should not happen but does. By the way even if that does happen if my experience is correct Sky Broadband continues until the Infinity install is complete.

The router is sent by mail so delivery issues are with the post not BT. The engineers can install without a router, many isps selling FTTC do not provide routers, but clearly cannot test your PC so will use theirs.It is possible connect one PC direct to the modem if the router is not around.

In theory BT sort out Sky but if you don't get letters from Sky it is worth talking to them to make sure they know to stop billing you!

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 5 of 17

Ah yes my fault didn't read it properly, yes as you have sky as phone provider you do not need one, but if your line is due to go live with BT on your infinity install date it will most likely be cancelled

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 17

@seab20 wrote:

Well in my experience none of that is true, I was on sky LLU and had to give a MAC code, the parcel was not left at a post office, it was just left at the side of the house and they didn't even leave me a card I just found it there when I wondered why it hadn't come yet

Hi seab20. You might have had a different experience than me, but all I can say is my experience.

I was on SKY`s SVBN on a fully unbundled exchange taking TV/Broadband/line rental/Calls from SKY.

I moved my Line Rental/calls and broadband back to BT. BT did not ask for and I did not give a MAC Code. I never even asked for a MAC code. All trhe transaction was taken care off by BT.

I will say again This was a Fully Unbundled line on SKY's Network.

As regards the package , yes maybe they do leave it , I think it is up to the driver and who delivers(Royal Mail/Parcelforce)

edit; Sorry just seen your new post.

I agree with your last point , hope it does not happen for the opSmiley Sad

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 7 of 17

yes i have noticed that, i was not with sky for my phone line, im still half asleep is seems Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 8 of 17

Thanks all.....

I will just pop to post office on the morning to collect the modem.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 17

@Infinitechris wrote:

as Openreach cancel the order until the phoneline is switched. It should not happen but does. By the way even if that does happen if my experience is correct Sky Broadband continues until the Infinity install is complete.

Unfortunately, if you are on SKY with a fully unbundled exchange, once the Phone line is transferred Sky Broadband stops. 

The router is sent by mail so delivery issues are with the post not BT. The engineers can install without a router, many isps selling FTTC do not provide routers, but clearly cannot test your PC so will use theirs.It is possible connect one PC direct to the modem if the router is not around.

In theory BT sort out Sky but if you don't get letters from Sky it is worth talking to them to make sure they know to stop billing you!

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

My what large prnit have you an eyesight problem? You are incorrect though because when I was in exactly this position last year the line transferred one week before Infinity was installed and Sky LLU continued. You experience may vary but please do not say I do not know what happened to me. 

0 Ratings