cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: Infinity Ordered - Quick Question

hi Infinitechris.

As you so rightly said , you were in exactly the same position last year. I am not going to argue with that.

What I will say is that I was in this position This year May 2011, and that is what happened.

There are different variations. Not all SKY broadband cusomers on a LLU  exchange are on Sky`s Voice and Broadband network(SVBN). I asked when I wanted to transfer my line back to BT and recieved the Email stating that" Once the Line is transferred the Broadband will cease." To carry on with a BT Line and SKY Broadband , you had to start the process again. This was no concern to me because I was going to transfer the Broadband later anyway for Infinity, so went the whole hog and transferred the lot.

So maybe there is a differenve between SKY` Connect, Sky's LLU ans Sky's SVBN

14.29 edit: Just done a check on Sky forums, and it is the SKY Voice and Broadband network (SVBN) which will cause the problems.

If the op is using Sky's Connect package or normal LLU he szhould have no problem:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Ordering-Setup/Downgrade-account/td-p/51263 is what I had

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 12 of 17

i have the full sky package

Sky Unlimited Broadband
Sky Phone Line + calls

So will I be okay?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 17

@spluff wrote:
i have the full sky package

Sky Unlimited Broadband
Sky Phone Line + calls

So will I be okay?

There are obviousley differences of opinione.

If you have a look at the link in the above post, that states (from SKY`s own forums) that If you are on SVBN , it could.

Might be best for you to tel: SKY or email their customer services and ask , (a)if you are on Sky's voice and broadband Network. (b) If you are , and you transfer your line and calls  back to BT does your Internet stay connected untill Infinity takes over.

Even if there is a delay in setting up the broadband, it should not be any more than about a week

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Toekneem I agree it might vary but it would unwise for either of us to assume the rule from our own experience. I was surprised that Sky Broadband did continue but I was on a fully unbundled package.  There is no technical reason why Sky broadband needs to go off when the voice line switches as you can buy LLU broadband from one supplier and voice from BT. The BT staff I was dealing with did say that they expected the broadband to work and for once they were right - has to happen once in a while Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Spluff

You should be OK and find everything works as planned on one day but it seems several people were not but no idea how many were as they don't post. As a conselation it was worth waiting for for me as I am now getting 37Mbs against 1.5Mbs from Sky.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 17

Always handy to keep a 3G dongle in the cupboard, for when things do go pear shaped

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

@toekneem wrote:

Always handy to keep a 3G dongle in the cupboard, for when things do go pear shaped

Agreed 

0 Ratings